DIY SOS host Nick Knowles has been banned from driving for six months.
The TV presenter has been fined almost £1,500 by Cheltenham magistrates for speeding and using his mobile phone at the wheel.
Nick, 56, appeared at Cheltenham Magistrates Court for sentencing on Wednesday (12 June) after pleading guilty to two driving offences.
The charges state he exceeded 70mph in a Range Rover on the A417 Brockworth Bypass at junction 11A of the M5 on 28 January; he was also using a handheld mobile phone.
‘This is a lesson learnt,’ a source told Metro.co.uk.
‘Nick has taken it on the chin – he did wrong and has excepted the consequences of his actions.’
The insider added that the host will struggle without a car for BBC One show DIY SOS, however he’ll find a way around it.
‘It’s a bore as Nick drives for his work – he’ll be getting a driver now I guess,’ the insider said.
‘Not ideal all round but Nick will figure it out.’
Nick previously stated how he’s willing to accept his punishment, saying: ‘I was advised by some people to get a top lawyer and contest this, but I’ve held my hands up, said I’m guilty and will be going court next week for sentencing.
‘I’m expecting to get a ban from driving and I will absolutely accept that because what I did was wrong.’
He also explained how he’s learnt from the incident, and has noticed many others doing the same crime since, adding: ‘Texts can wait till I get wherever I’m going.
‘I’ve started putting my phone in the boot of my car before I set off driving.’
Got a showbiz story?
If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article