WHEN it comes to popping the question, you can always rely on celebrities to pull out all the stops.
And Joe Swash, 38, blew fans away this Christmas when he left his partner Stacey Solomon, 31, in tears with a very romantic proposal.
The Loose Women star revealed her long-time boyfriend got down on one knee with a huge diamond ring on a walk in the woods – with her two sons Leighton, eight, Zachary, 12, and their child Rex, one, with them.
Stacey told fans: "Today we went for a walk in the woods… Like we always do. But it didn't look the same – actually full-on blubbering as I write this…
"And Joe with our boys, in my favourite place in the world… He asked me to marry him."
While Joe was likely feeling very chuffed with himself following Stacey's tearful reaction, he joins several more stars who have gone above and beyond to surprise their future spouses.
So, can you match these memorable proposals to the celebs that pulled them off for their partners?
- This female singer proved it was True Love when she broke tradition and proposed to her motocross pro boyfriend by holding a sign up saying 'Will you marry me?' while he was mid-race.
- Proving he was her Prince Charming, this man popped the question over a roast chicken dinner during a quiet night in.
- This star asked his girlfriend to marry him twice – firstly on the roof of her apartment – with a ring hidden in a candy wrapper – and then again onboard a helicopter. While it seemed they Belonged Together, they sadly didn't go the distance.
- Lockdown forced many of those lucky enough to have a garden to embrace it more than ever – but this footballer completely transformed his with fairy lights to propose to his other half. No secret love songs needed here.
- This actor really was the Lord Of The Ring when he whisked his girlfriend off on a helicopter with champagne, a love note and a dazzling ring. It nearly went very wrong when he knocked the drink with his elbow – but he luckily avoided disaster midair.
- This rapper used All Of The Lights in his extravagant proposal. He gathered his girlfriend's family together in an empty baseball park and organised for a full orchestra to play her favourite song, before the all important question flashed up on the scoreboard.
- There's nothing quite like a rooftop view to say 'I Do', and this footballing great did it Wright when he proposed to his wife-to-be on top of the St Regis Hotel in Abu Dhabi – with his kids there to watch.
- This heartthrob 'felt the love tonight' when he confirmed his wild Chelsea days were behind him and proposed to his Irish girlfriend backstage at the theatre, moments after they'd watched The Lion King musical together.
- He may have been Hollywood's most eligible bachelor for years, but this actor confirmed there was only one woman for him when he hid a ring inside a box and proposed over dinner. It almost went very wrong when she began washing up before he had chance to ask the question – but he improvised and, (after 25 minutes), she said yes.
- When this actor took his girlfriend to Rio cinema in east London, she was expecting to enjoy an evening supporting him during a screening of his new film. But he surprised her completely when he got down on one knee in front of his fellow cast and crew.
- He may have struggled to keep a girl in just 10 Days (on screen), but this actor pulled it out the, er, box when he asked his girlfriend to marry him. He said of the moment: "I had wrapped the engagement ring in about eight different boxes deep so she'd have to keep opening boxes to get to it."
- There were no 'heirs and graces' when this famous face proposed to his now-wife in a very romantic way – popping the question in a private log cabin in Kenya, away from the rest of the world.
Scroll down for the answers…
- Pink and Carey Hart
- Prince Harry and Meghan
- Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey
- Andre Gray and Leigh-Anne Pinnock
- Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
- Rio Ferdinand and Kate Wright
- Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams
- George Clooney and Amal
- Idris Elba and Sabrina Dhowre Elba
- Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves
- Prince William and Kate Middleton
Source: Read Full Article