Doctor explains the dangerous reason you should NEVER burn your candles for too long

A WOMAN woke up to an unwanted surprise: The inside of her nose was black, which she documented online. 

A doctor came to the rescue to explain to her and fellow TikTokers how her nose ended up black.


The doctor shared that the woman’s mistake was burning a scented candle for far too long. 

In her video, the woman who realized her nose was black admitted she fell asleep with the candle burning. 

“What makes [scented candles] dangerous is that they get into your lungs and cause damage.

So always remember: Put out the scented candles and don’t let them burn for too long,” the doctor warned. 

Fellow TikTokers were quite shocked about this revelation. 

“Adulthood is really just finding out new things I’m failing at everyday huh,” one person commented under the video. 

Another user was concerned for the person’s safety, and noted that candle burning is one of the main causes of house fires.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, candle burning is in the top five causes of house fires alongside cooking, heating, electrical issues, and smoking. 

Social media has allowed doctors to spread their knowledge to the masses and give people tips who otherwise may not have access to the often useful information. 

For instance, another doctor on TikTok shared his health hacks that many other doctors allegedly only share with friends and family. 

Of course, it’s always important to consult a doctor one-on-one for serious medical concerns, but doctors on social media are certainly a start.


We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article