TODAY is Random Acts of Kindness Day and the perfect chance to put a smile on somebody’s face at this difficult time.
But what can you do to make someone’s day and what quotes on kindness can you share?
What ideas are there for Random Acts of Kindness Day?
On February 17, the world celebrates Random Acts of Kindness Day and is the perfect opportunity to lift someone’s spirits.
It may be a little harder this year with coronavirus social distancing restrictions but there are still lots of ways you can make someone’s day.
Here are some of the top ideas to do today:
- Order someone a surprise bunch of flowers or present bought online
- Send someone an encouraging note
- Tell someone the positive impact they had on your life
- Text someone to let them know you are thinking about them
- Hide a sweet note around the house for someone you live with
- Smile to a stranger or let them go in front of you in a queue
- Pay for someone’s food behind you in a queue
- Arrange to watch film at the same time as a friend and text or video call throughout
- Cook dinner or bake a surprise for loved ones
- Help with a household chore
- Donate to a charity or food bank
- Praise a colleague for something they’ve done well
- Offer to help vulnerable neighbours
- Send a takeaway to a pal
What are the top quotes on kindness?
Mother Theresa: “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
Amelia Earhart: "A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
Caroline Flack: “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.”
Charlie Mackesy, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse: “‘Nothing beats kindness,' said the horse. 'It sits quietly beyond all things.’”
Princess Diana: “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
Roald Dahl: “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage, or bravery, or generosity, or anything else… Kindness—that simple word. To be kind—it covers everything, to my mind. If you’re kind that’s it.”
Desmond Tutu: “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
We shared how a kind-hearted grandmother was revealed as ‘legend’ who paid for 1,000 strangers’ meals at McDonald’s drive-thru.
People were blown away by stranger’s ‘beautiful’ Christmas gesture after putting money in a card for someone at Asda to find.
Source: Read Full Article