Royal Family news – Meghan Markle's 'intimidating' personality would SCARE Diana, royal biographer claims

PRINCE Harry and Prince William were "at each other's throats" when they met at Prince Philip's funeral, The Crown's royal expert has claimed.

Feuding brothers Prince William and Harry put on a united front for the world's cameras during the covid-secure ceremony, but behind the scenes let their anger at one another show, according to Robert Lacey.

Writing in the Mail on Sunday, Mr Lacey – who is a consultant to Netflix's hit show The Crown – said "They started quarrelling again."

He added that an insider friend purportedly in attendance at the funeral told him: "There they were, at each other's throats as fiercely as ever.

"The rage and anger between those two has grown so incredibly deep. Too many harsh and wounding things have been said," he added.

Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates…

  • [email protected]

    KATE MIDDLETON’S BEST WIMBLEDON LOOKS

  • [email protected]

    HARRY'S NOD TO WILLIAM (CONTINUED…)

    In the video message, a beaming Harry pays tribute to young people living compassionately, saying: "Later this week my brother and I are recognising what would have been our mum's 60th birthday, and she will be so proud of you all for living an authentic life, with purpose and with compassion for others."

    William and Harry will stand side-by-side on Thursday for the service to mark Diana's 60th birthday.

    The nod to William comes despite claims the relationship between the royal brothers has worsened after Harry and Meghan unleashed a string of bombshell claims about the Royal Family.

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE HARRY GIVES NOD TO BROTHER WILLIAM DESPITE RIFT AS HE REMEMBERS MUM PRINCESS DIANA FOR ‘LIVING WITH COMPASSION’

    PRINCE Harry has today given a nod to William despite the brothers' rift as he praised his mum for living "authentically with purpose".

    The Duke of Sussex has flown to the UK for a special event to mark what would have been Princess Diana's 60th birthday – the second time he has returned home after quitting the Royal Family.

    Prince Harry was filmed speaking about The Diana Award, which honours young people who work to improve the lives of others.

    The award is a prestigious accolade aimed at young people aged between nine and 25 for their social action or humanitarian work, and it's named after Diana.

    It's unclear where the video was filmed as Harry has been self-isolating at Frogmore Cottage since landing at Heathrow last week.

    Read more here.

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE WILLIAM ‘WILL SHOW PRINCESS DIANA’S STATUE TO KIDS GEORGE, CHARLOTTE AND LOUIS’ BEFORE SERVICE WITH HARRY

    Prince William will show his children the statue of Princess Diana ahead of its official unveiling on Thursday, it has been reported. 

    The Duke of Cambridge is expected to pay a private visit to the statue in Kensington Palace alongside wife Kate and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. 

    According to the Telegraph, the Cambridges are expected to view the statue in its final position with William keen for his family to share a moment of reflection before its unveiling. 

    The statue was delivered to Kensington Palace this weekend and has been placed on a pedestal overlooking the Sunken Garden, the newspaper reported. 

    It has been locked inside a green wooden box, hidden from public view, ahead of the ceremony.

  • [email protected]

    WATCH: PRINCE HARRY GIVES SPEECH DURING THE 2021 DIANA AWARDS

    Prince Harry gives speech during The 2021 Diana Awards

  • [email protected]

    CARD IS MARK-ED

    William is said to have been “instantly furious”, with the claims at odds with his and Kate’s “paternalistic” treatment of their own staff, says the book.

    Matters came to a head when Jason Knauf, who worked in communications for both the Cambridges and the Sussexes, submitted an official email in October 2018 alleging Meghan had bullied staff.

    Meghan fiercely denies the claims – and a spokesperson for her and Harry said she was the victim of a calculated smear campaign.

    However, after William heard the allegations, he called Harry immediately and the pair had a “fierce and bitter showdown”, according to Lacey.

    Claims, which the Sussexes deny, are now being investigated by a third-party law firm drafted in by Buckingham Palace.

  • [email protected]

    QUEEN INVITES MEGHAN AND HARRY TO PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS AS OLIVE BRANCH

    The Queen has extended an olive branch to Prince Harry and Meghan by inviting them to the Platinum Jubilee celebrations next summer.

    According to the Mail on Sunday, the Duke and Duchess plan to attend the Queen’s official birthday parade which will take place over four days next June.

    It is unclear whether Harry and Meghan will appear on the balcony with the rest of the Royal Family.

  • [email protected]

    HOW PRINCE WILLIAM’S ‘SECOND MUM’ CAROLE MIDDLETON ‘PROTECTED’ HIM

    She has provided a solid, stabilising foundation for Prince William and Kate Middleton since they married in 2011.

    And, Carole Middleton’s matriarchal influence on the Duke of Cambridge, 39, will take on a poignancy this week as he unveils a statue to commemorate what would have been his late mother Princess Diana’s 60th birthday.

    Insiders believe Carole, 66, a former BA flight attendant turned multi-millionaire businesswoman has acted as a “second mum” to William, bringing “a real sense of normality amid any chaos.”

    He was just 15 when Diana died in a car crash, just a year after her divorce from Prince Charles. 

  • [email protected]

    HOW PRINCE WILLIAM’S ‘SECOND MUM’ CAROLE MIDDLETON ‘PROTECTED’ HIM

    She has provided a solid, stabilising foundation for Prince William and Kate Middleton since they married in 2011.

    And, Carole Middleton’s matriarchal influence on the Duke of Cambridge, 39, will take on a poignancy this week as he unveils a statue to commemorate what would have been his late mother Princess Diana’s 60th birthday.

    Insiders believe Carole, 66, a former BA flight attendant turned multi-millionaire businesswoman has acted as a “second mum” to William, bringing “a real sense of normality amid any chaos.”

    He was just 15 when Diana died in a car crash, just a year after her divorce from Prince Charles. 

  • [email protected]

    THE ROYAL BRU

    The Queen has been introduced to Scotland's other national drink Irn Bru as she began a four-day visit to Scotland.

    Making her first official visit north of the border since the death of her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen was given a tour of AG Barr's factory in Cumbernauld, where the iconic soft drink is manufactured.

    The 95-year-old monarch was joined by the Duke of Cambridge as she officially opened the factory's new process facility.

    Her Majesty met employees and was given an overview of the history of the company.

    The Queen is in Scotland for Royal Week where she will be taking part in engagements celebrating community, innovation and history.

  • [email protected]

    "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

    Prince Charles stopped funding Prince Harry last year after a pivotal moment, according to royal sources, as disputes between the family escalated.

    The Duke of Sussex revealed to Oprah Winfrey that his family “literally cut me off” in “the first quarter of 2020”leaving him to fall back on the £10million estate he inherited from Princess Diana.

    A source told Vanity Fair: “Charles was quite upset at the suggestions he had cut Harry off.

    “Initially he didn’t and he went on to provide for some time, but there was a point when Charles decided enough was enough.

    “The bank of dad couldn’t keep handing out indefinitely.”

  • [email protected]

    DUKE OF SUSSEX IS 'SO UNDER THE THUMB' CLAIMS ROYAL BIOGRAPHER

    The toxic rift between the brothers will not heal as long as "Harry is so under the thumb of Meghan", a royal expert has warned.

    Hugo Vickers, the author of a number of books about the royals, said that Harry had “thrown in his lot with his wife” and “slagging off his family” had achieved nothing.

    In an interview with The Express, the biographer revealed, "I don't know what they can do under the present circumstances, Harry has got to wake up to what's going on. It's a very unpleasant situation and I don't think it's going to be the right moment this week.

    "Harry is so under the thumb of Meghan it is not really possible until he emerges from that."

  • [email protected]

    EXPERTS CLAIM KATE MIDDLETON FOUND MEGHAN MARKLE ‘DIFFICULT’ WHILST DIANA WOULD HAVE BEEN ‘THRILLED’ WILLIAM HAS PERFECT MATCH

    Princess Diana would have been “thrilled” Prince William has found his “perfect match” in Kate Middleton – but found Meghan Markle “difficult”, a royal expert has claimed.

    Katie Nicholl – author of the biography Harry And Meghan – told Fabulous Magazine that the late royal would have had conflicting feelings towards her daughters-in-law.

    In tomorrow’s issue of Fabulous, the royal expert claimed Princess Diana would have approved of Kate Middleton.

    Katie said: “She would have been thrilled that William found the perfect match in Kate but it’s hard to know what she would have made of Meghan. 

    “She would have loved the fact that Harry married a bi-racial, divorced Hollywood actress. This was Harry shaking things up, whether that was or wasn’t what he set out to do.”

  • [email protected]

    ROYAL EXPERT SAYS MEGHAN AND HARRY ‘WANT MONEY FOR LITTLE IN RETURN

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle both “want money for doing little in return”, a royal expert has claimed.

    Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, complained Charles “cut them off” during their explosive chat with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, however Prince Charles’ annual report showed his youngest son received a “substantial” sum from him after Megxit.

    Figures show he gave both the Sussexes and Cambridges a share of £4.45million, despite Harry claiming he had been hung out to dry by the Firm.

    Royal biographer Angela Levin said Harry and Meghan must’ve felt they “needed loads more” money.

    She told talkRADIO: “My only way of walking through this is that he and Meghan thought the £3m to £4m that his father gave them to help set them up was absolutely nothing and they needed loads more.

    “That’s the only excuse I can make for what otherwise is a blatant lie.”

  • [email protected]

    HOW KATE MIDDLETON AND MEGHAN MARKLE HAVE HONOURED PRINCESS DIANA BY WEARING HER JEWELLERY

    They never got the chance to meet her – but that hasn’t stopped Meghan and Kate honouring their stylish late mother-in-law.

    We take a look at how the two women have paid tribute.

    Read more here

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE HARRY SECRETLY VISITING PALS AT US TOP GUN AIR FORCE BASE

    Prince Harry has been secretly visiting pals at a US Top Gun air force base after he was distraught at losing his royal military patronages.

    Despite no longer having any official roles in the UK’s Armed Forces, he has met with ex-comrades from his spell as an Apache helicopter pilot.

    Sources say at least two of his former colleagues and friends are now on a posting at Nellis base near Las Vegas — where Tom Cruise-style Top Guns are trained.

    One said: “Harry has kept in touch with them so when they knew he was moving to the States they invited him to come and see them.

    "He’s made informal visits to the air base where they are and they’ve been out for drinks in their ‘down time’.”

  • [email protected]

    CARD IS MARK-ED

    William is said to have been “instantly furious”, with the claims at odds with his and Kate’s “paternalistic” treatment of their own staff, says the book.

    Matters came to a head when Jason Knauf, who worked in communications for both the Cambridges and the Sussexes, submitted an official email in October 2018 alleging Meghan had bullied staff.

    Meghan fiercely denies the claims – and a spokesperson for her and Harry said she was the victim of a calculated smear campaign.

    However, after William heard the allegations, he called Harry immediately and the pair had a “fierce and bitter showdown”, according to Lacey.

    Claims, which the Sussexes deny, are now being investigated by a third-party law firm drafted in by Buckingham Palace.

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE CHARLES UNVEILS PLANS FOR OUTDOOR CLASSROOM

    Prince Charles has unveiled plans to build an outdoor classroom for schoolchildren in the grounds of his Scottish stately home.

    The facility is to be erected in woodland at Dumfries House near Cumnock in Ayrshire to encourage pupils to learn about the "natural world".

    The timber framed structure will hold science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) workshops on the 2,000 acre estate.

    Plans have been submitted to East Ayrshire Council who are due to make a decision next month.

    A design statement submitted by The Prince's Foundation said: "When it comes to the specific themes of the STEM programme, there will be some potential advantages to the build and design of the outdoor classroom and education area that could be enhanced.

    "Making use of the natural environment around the classroom and integrating it would be a great way to continue to invite exploration of the natural world by pupils taking part in the environmental science workshops."

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY ‘TOLD ROYALS THEY DIDN’T WANT ARCHIE TO BE A PRINCE’ BEFORE COMPLAINING HE WASN’T ONE DURING OPRAH INTERVIEW

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle told the Royal Family they didn’t want Archie to be a prince before complaining he hadn’t been given the title during their tell-all chat with Oprah Winfrey, it’s been claimed.

    The Sussexes “never raised an issue” about their son not being made a prince with the Palace – but then brought it up during the bombshell interview in March, sources say.

    A source told the outlet that Meghan and Harry “never raised an issue” and that the Duke of Sussex had been “adamant” that Archie “should be raised without titles like his cousins Peter and Zara Phillips”.

    But in their shock interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan hinted otherwise and discussed the reason Archie was not made a prince when he was born, saying:

    “But in those months when I was pregnant, all around same time: we have in tandem he won’t be given security, a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born.”

  • [email protected]

    HOMESICK’ HARRY ‘CALLING UK PALS FOR ADVICE & WANTS TO ADMIT MISTAKES’ AFTER FURY OVER PRINCE CHARLES COMMENTS

    Prince Harry has been calling pals in the UK for advice after his comments about his father backfired, according to a royal author.

    The “homesick” royal has a network of close friends back home in Britain – some he has known from his days as a party-loving bachelor.

    The “support system” is said to be made up of schoolmates, revellers at ‘Club H’ (the brothers’ basement disco at Highgrove), military comrades, royal mentors and aides.

    Many of the close-knit circle are also friends with his brother Prince William and attended both of their weddings.

    More on the story here.

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE HARRY ‘WANTED TO APPEAR ON JAMES CORDEN’S CHAT SHOW FOR YEARS’ AFTER THE ROYAL CONTACTED CORDEN BECAUSE HE WANTED TO ‘CHEER PEOPLE UP’

    During a chat with TV presenter James Corden, released in February, the Duke of Sussex 36, revealed he went from ‘zero to sixty’ with Meghan and how the pressures of living in London were ‘destroying my mental health.’ 

    During the lengthy chat, Harry told Corden that he ‘never walked away’ from the royal family and he did ‘what any husband or father would do’ by emigrating to Los Angeles. 

    The Hollywood Reporter told how producer Ben Winston said: ‘[Harry] said, “We’re coming out of lockdown, I’m in L.A., do you think we should plan something fun to almost cheer everybody up in a way”.’

    On a panel with Ru Paul about his CBS show, James explained: ‘There was a certain time in London if you went out long enough and ended up drinking long enough, you’d probably bump into Prince Harry once in a while.’

    He said he had ‘always been very, very fond of him’ and performed a 10 minute ‘bit’ at the royal wedding to Meghan in 2018.

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE WILLIAM ‘WILL SHOW PRINCESS DIANA’S STATUE TO KIDS GEORGE, CHARLOTTE AND LOUIS’ BEFORE SERVICE WITH HARRY

    Prince William will show his children the statue of Princess Diana ahead of its official unveiling on Thursday, it has been reported. 

    The Duke of Cambridge is expected to pay a private visit to the statue in Kensington Palace alongside wife Kate and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. 

    According to the Telegraph, the Cambridges are expected to view the statue in its final position with William keen for his family to share a moment of reflection before its unveiling. 

    The statue was delivered to Kensington Palace this weekend and has been placed on a pedestal overlooking the Sunken Garden, the newspaper reported. 

    It has been locked inside a green wooden box, hidden from public view, ahead of the ceremony.

  • [email protected]

    QUEEN INVITES MEGHAN AND HARRY TO PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS AS OLIVE BRANCH

    The Queen has extended an olive branch to Prince Harry and Meghan by inviting them to the Platinum Jubilee celebrations next summer.

    According to the Mail on Sunday, the Duke and Duchess plan to attend the Queen’s official birthday parade which will take place over four days next June.

    It is unclear whether Harry and Meghan will appear on the balcony with the rest of the Royal Family.

  • Joseph Gamp

    QUEEN INVITES MEGHAN AND HARRY TO PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS AS OLIVE BRANCH

    The Queen has extended an olive branch to Prince Harry and Meghan by inviting them to the Platinum Jubilee celebrations next summer.

    According to the Mail on Sunday, the Duke and Duchess plan to attend the Queen’s official birthday parade which will take place over four days next June.

    It is unclear whether Harry and Meghan will appear on the balcony with the rest of the Royal Family.

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN MARKLE’S EX-HUSBAND TREVOR ENGELSON EXPECTING SECOND BABY WITH WIFE

    MEGHAN Markle’s ex-husband Trevor Engelson is expecting his second baby with wife Tracey Kurland. 

    The Hollywood producer, 44, said on his private Instagram account their baby is expected to arrive in autumn, according to OK magazine.

    Trevor and Tracey already have daughter Ford Grace Engelson, who was born in August 2020.

    Meghan’s first husband wrote: “This baby thing has been good so far… let’s do it again… coming this fall!”.

    The Instagram post included a picture of Trevor with his daughter sitting on his shoulders, with his beautiful wife next to him.

    Source: Read Full Article