ALDI has launched a fancy new range of gastro food – and it’s half the price of Marks and Spencer.
The premium selection from Aldi starts from £1.99 for sides and £2.99 for a main dish.
In comparison, some of the main meal equivalents from M&S start from £6.
For example, Aldi’s new gastropub-inspired 800g lasagne costs £3.99 compared to the same size £8 version from M&S.
There’s also a new gastro BBQ beef brisket from Aldi, which weighs 438g and costs £3.69. At M&S, you’ll pay £7 for a 465g portion.
And finally, Aldi is selling a 562g chicken leg dish in a mushroom and white wine sauce for £2.99.
This is compared to the 648g equivalent from M&S that's priced at £6.
It's worth noting that some M&S products are slightly bigger than what Aldi is selling – but we've compared items that are nearest in size.
Not all products were exactly 50% cheaper at Aldi either.
For example, sides including beef dripping triple cooked chips and dauphinoise potatoes cost £1.99 from the discounted.
From M&S, you'd pay £2.75 for the equivalent dishes – an increase of 76p, or 38%.
We've contacted M&S for comment and we'll update this article when we know more.
The new gastro range – which is part of Aldi's luxury Specially Selected brand – launches in all stores tomorrow, November 19.
Other dinner choices include mac and cheese pancetta and pork belly with an apple and honey glaze, both priced at £3.79.
Aldi’s new premium gastro range
ALDI is launching a new range of gastropub-inspired food tomorrow, November 19. Here’s what to expect:
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Lasagne al Forno (£3.99, 800g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Mac & Cheese with Pancetta (£3.79, 800g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder with Mint Glaze (£3.99, 389g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Texas BBQ Beef Brisket (£3.69, 438g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Honey & Apple Glaze (£3.79, 480g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Slow Cooked Smoky BBQ Pork Shoulder (£3.19, 405g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Slow Cooked Chicken Legs in a creamy Mushroom and White Wine sauce (£2.99, 562g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Cottage Pie (£3.79, 800g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Fish Pie (£4.85, 800g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Moussaka (£4.85, 800g)
- Selected Gastro Collection Beef Dripping Triple Cooked Chips (£1.99, 400g)
- Specially Selected Gastro Collection Dauphinoise Potatoes (£1.99, 400g)
You can see a full list of what to expect in the box above.
We've asked Aldi if the products are available for click and collect, as well as in stores, and we'll update this article when we know more.
The supermarket chain recently confirmed it was expanding click and collect to 200 more stores before Christmas.
Click and collect orders are placed through groceries.aldi.co.uk.
Aldi also has a home delivery service in partnership with Deliveroo where it's trialling 30-minute deliveries across 150 products.
The service is currently available in around 40 stores, with the trial starting in locations across London, Greater Manchester, Cambridge and the Midlands.
Delivery for this service costs £4.99 per order and you'll need to place an order of at least £15.
The new range comes after Aldi released its Christmas advert 2020, which showed Kevin the Carrot battling to get home.
Aldi recently managed demand for Kevin the Carrot toys by using a Glastonbury ticket queuing software on website.
But that hasn't stopped some fans flogging sold-out Kevin the Carrot toys on eBay for £75.
Source: Read Full Article