Mercedes Javid talks Shahs of Sunset cancellation, Mike Shouheds arrest

More On:

shahs of sunset

Bravo’s ‘Shahs of Sunset’ canceled after nine seasons

‘Shahs of Sunset’ star Mike Shouhed arrested for domestic violence

Katie Maloney defends Lala Kent against GG Gharachedaghi’s ‘cheater’ claim

‘Shahs of Sunset’ star Lilly Ghalichi is pregnant with baby No. 2

Mercedes Javid is addressing two major bombshells from the “Shahs of Sunset” universe.

The reality star appeared on Jeff Lewis’ Sirius XM show on Monday, where she seemingly confirmed she’s “in talks” with Bravo for another project following news of the show’s cancellation – before defending former co-star Mike Shouhed amid his recent domestic violence arrest.

When asked by Lewis, 52, if she was blindsided by the cancellation news, Javid, 49, responded, “You know Bravo … they’re not going to do you dirty,” implying she had gotten a heads up.

“A few of us got a nice phone call that was actually not bad news,” she added.

Javid played coy when talking about how far along in the process she is for a rumored spinoff, but said she is in “talks” or “maybe more” with Bravo.

“I hope and pray that being here today doesn’t jeopardize anything in my future,” she said with a laugh, before teasing, “Maybe I look good because I’m trying to stay ready for [the] camera.”

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GKIWj9yiHz4?version=3&rel=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&fs=1&hl=en-US&autohide=2&wmode=transparent’ allowfullscreen=’true’ style=’border:0;’ sandbox=’allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups allow-presentation’>

Multiple sources previously told Page Six that Bravo is in the early stages of a new project that would feature some of the OG cast, including Javid, Reza Farahan and Golnesa “GG” Gharachedaghi.

Javid said she imagined that the network would focus on the “people that were bringing it,” but hesitated to name Shouhed, who was arrested for domestic violence on March 27.

Page Six broke the news on April 4 that LASD charged the realtor with corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant, which is a felony. His alleged victim was not named, but we were told the person had a “visible injury.” 

Both Javid and Lewis agreed that people are “innocent until proven guilty.”

“I’ve never, ever, ever seen him violent and I’ve never seen him be angry,” the “Shahs” alum explained. “I was shocked because I think that unless I was literally in the room, a witness to it, I’m with you: ‘innocent until proven guilty.’”

Javid also speculated that someone “totally” set up Shouhed and claimed she had heard through the “grapevine” that Shouhed’s fiancée, Paulina Ben-Cohen, was not involved but rather a “third person.”

“That’s what I heard. That it wasn’t Paulina,” the Bravolebrity said, before alleging that Shouhed, 43, and Ben-Cohen may have been having a “threesome.”

“I’m bringing the tea on Mike right now … with my speculation,” Javid added. “[I think] it was just a Saturday night gone wrong.”

Shouhed’s attorney, Alex Kessel, previously told Page Six that his client denies all allegations made against him.

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article