Battle between T-Mobile, Dish escalates over treatment of Boost customers on T-Mobile networks: Sources
Sources tell FOX Business’ Charlie Gasparino the FCC is engaging with T-Mobile on whether Boost users will be thrown off network if they keep devices.
T-Mobile says it is looking into reports that its systems were hacked yet again after experiencing several breaches in recent years, but has so far stopped short of confirming whether customers' personal data was stolen.
Vice's Motherboard reported over the weekend that the telecom giant experienced a massive breach, citing hackers on an online forum purporting to be selling the data – which allegedly includes the names, Social Security numbers, addresses and other details of customers. If the report is correct, the current breach is the largest of several hacking incidents T-Mobile has experienced in recent years, impacting 100 million customers.
The company's stock dropped nearly 3% following the news, closing at $140.73 per share.
|TMUS||T-MOBILE US, INC.||140.73||-4.21||-2.90%|
T-MOBILE TO SPEND UP TO $3B ON SAYING BYE TO SPRINT
In a statement to FOX Business on Monday, a T-Mobile spokesperson said the company has been "working around the clock to investigate" the claims, but does not yet have a full picture of how widespread the breach might be.
"We have determined that unauthorized access to some T-Mobile data occurred, however we have not yet determined that there is any personal customer data involved," the spokesperson said. "We are confident that the entry point used to gain access has been closed, and we are continuing our deep technical review of the situation across our systems to identify the nature of any data that was illegally accessed."