- Former Liverpool FC defender Tom Brewitt admitted he once injured his team-mate on purpose so that he could get in the team.
- "I took the decision, it was me or him, so I went after him in training," Brewitt told the Football Journeys Podcast.
- So bad was Brewitt's tackle on his teammate, it left him on crutches for two weeks.
- "I'm not ashamed of it," he added. "In my head it was me or him and I was choosing me."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A former Liverpool FC player admitted he once injured his team-mate on purpose so that he could get in the team.
Tom Brewitt, who was playing for the Reds' youth-team during the 2015/16 season, says he purposely injured Daniel Cleary in training after realizing manager Jurgen Klopp was short of a centre-back for an FA Cup tie against Exeter City.
"Whatever it took to do it, I was going to do it," Brewitt, who now plays for Morecambe FC, told the Football Journeys Podcast. "I was just desperate to play for Liverpool and that's all I wanted to do.
Lionel Messi once secretly agreed to join Chelsea for $290 million, but the deal collapsed when his dad found out about it
US soccer's best young players are moving thousands of miles from home and flocking to Germany, and it's all down to one man: Christian Pulisic
A former Real Madrid star once considered among the best soccer players in the world has re-signed for his boyhood club, and will earn just $260 per month
A German soccer player who viciously attacked a referee from behind during a match has been banned for 8 years and now faces criminal charges
Source: Read Full Article