ARSENAL are reportedly continuing their chase for Real Madrid playmaker Isco – but it is a packed field.
Everton, Sevilla and Chelsea have all been linked with the Spaniard since Zinedine Zidane cut his gametime at the Bernabeu.
Not since November 8 has Isco started a game for Real, with a 4-1 defeat to Valencia that night in part explaining his coach's reluctance to revive his trust.
Zidane has since explained: "Isco is going to be an important player.
"It is true that he is not playing much and I am not giving him the opportunity to show the player that he is.
"I feel sorry for my players and I will never forget what I have experienced with them.
"He has to work hard to get another chance, but what is being said [in the media] I can't respond because we don't control it."
A number of reports outline Arsenal's desire to push for a deal, be it permanent or on loan, to add some much needed creativity to their midfield.
However, it is not yet known if Zidane is willing to let Isco leave while Real battle on numerous fronts.
According to Spanish outlet AS, the 48-year-old is more likely to keep Isco back and allow him a move at the end of the season.
It is said that Isco will be happy with this option, with a transfer to Sevilla for around £15million his preference in the summer.
So far, the player himself has made no major commotion in the media about his lack of playing time but did hint at a possible destination last year.
Speaking to Soccer Bible, the 28-year-old revealed Stamford Bridge to be one ground he would like to play at but was yet to have the chance.
Now, Isco has stepped foot on the turf at the likes of Wembley, Anfield, Old Trafford and Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan – but not the Emirates.
⚽ Read our Arsenal live blog for the latest news from The Emirates
Source: Read Full Article