THEY say the best things come to those who wait.
And that's certainly the case for this lucky punter, who scooped £20,493 with an incredible 20-fold accumulator that stretched over a week!
The Betfair customer staked £5.50 at colossal odds of 3725/1 and waited a full eight days to collect their winnings.
The punter's journey began on August 13 when selecting Borussia Monchengladbach to win or draw (Double Chance) against Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
Things started brightly when Alassane Plea opened the scoring but Robert Lewandowski's equaliser led to a nervous wait as Gladbach held on for a 1-1 draw.
One down, 19 to go…
The punter's pick of Over 1.5 Goals in the Manchester United vs Leeds match was sealed in the 54th minute – but things weren't so straightforward at London Road.
Peterborough were the pick at 6/5 but the bet looked dead and buried as Derby entered injury time boasting a 1-0 lead.
The winning acca in full
- Bayern Munich vs Borussia Monchengladbach – Monchengladbach And Draw – 6/4
- Manchester United vs Leeds – Over 1.5 Goals – 1/8
- Peterborough vs Derby – Peterborough – 6/5
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace – Chelsea – 1/5
- Leicester vs Wolves – Leicester and Draw – 1/9
- Barnsley vs Coventry – Barnsley And Draw – 1/6
- Middlesbrough vs Bristol City – Middlesbrough – 8/11
- Oxford Utd vs Charlton – Oxford Utd – 7/5
- Cheltenham vs Wycombe – Wycombe And Draw – 1/3
- Lincoln vs Fleetwood Town – Lincoln And Draw – 1/4
- Norwich vs Liverpool – Over 1.5 Goals – 1/10
- PSG vs Strasbourg – PSG – 2/9
- Angers vs Lyon – Angers And Draw – 11/10
- Brest vs Rennes – Brest And Draw – 4/7
- Mainz vs Leipzig – Mainz And Draw – 5/4
- Lens vs St-Etienne – Lens And Draw – 1/4
- Tottenham vs Manchester City – Tottenham And Draw – 5/4
- Liverpool vs Burnley – Liverpool – 1/5
- Celtic vs St Mirren – Celtic – 1/3
- Leeds vs Everton – Over 1.5 Goals – 1/5
Odds – 3725/1
Stake – £5.50
Returns – £20,493
What happened next was incredible.
Stoppage-time goals from Harrison Burrows and Siriki Dembele earned Peterborough a stunning comeback victory with the second goal netted in the 100th minute!
The games came thick and fast on Saturday afternoon with Chelsea, Leicester, Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Oxford, Wycombe and Lincoln all doing the business.
Over 1.5 Goals in the Norwich vs Liverpool match was simple enough but there were slight concerns when Strasbourg struck twice against PSG during a 4-2 loss.
Saturday done with 12 of the selections over the line.
Sunday started in emphatic style when Angers strolled to a 3-0 win over Lyon before Brest secured a 91st-minute equaliser against Rennes and Lens drew 2-2 with St Etienne.
Mainz then pulled off a surprise 1-0 win over Leipzig before Son Heung-min gave new manager Nuno Espirito Santo the perfect start to his reign against champions Manchester City.
The punter then waited a full week for his final three selections.
But no sleepless nights were required as all three flew in without any trouble whatsoever.
Liverpool and Celtic both stormed to victory before Leeds and Everton completed the Over 1.5 Goals when Mateusz Klich equalised before the break.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article