The New York Giants (2-8) visit the Chicago Bears (4-6) Sunday at Soldier Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET. We analyze the Giants-Bears odds and sports betting lines, while providing sports betting tips and advice on this matchup.
Giants at Bears: Week 12 preview, betting trends and notes
Get some action on the games by betting at BetMGM. New customer offer: RISK-FREE First Bet (up to $500!) paid in free bets.
- The Giants have lost six straight games. Each of those losses (and their first two of the season) were by six or more points.
- The Bears are coming off of their second-biggest loss of the season, dropping their Sunday Night Football matchup with the Los Angeles Rams 17-7 on the road.
- Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky has been held below 200 passing yards in three straight games. Only seven teams allow more passing yards per game than the Giants’ 259.0.
- Chicago ranks fourth in the NFL with 17.4 points allowed per game. It’s fifth-last with 16.9 points scored per outing.
- New York’s 28.9 points allowed per game ranks 30th. It’s 27th in average total yards allowed.
- The Giants are 2-18 when committing two or more turnovers in a game since the start of the 2017 season. The Bears have forced 14 turnovers this year.
Giants at Bears: Key injuries
Giants WR Sterling Shepard (concussion) is expected to return. TE Evan Engram (foot) is questionable.
Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky (hip) could be forced to sit after suffering a hip pointer. Chase Daniel could draw the start.
Giants at Bears: Odds, betting lines and prediction
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Thursday at 7:20 a.m. ET.
Bears 20, Giants 13
Moneyline ( ?)
The Bears are 2-3 at home while the Giants are 1-4 on the road. Chicago has the defense to stifle New York and Trubisky (or Daniel) will receive a boost against the Giants’ woeful pass defense.
The Bears are my pick to win this game outright, but there’s no way they should be worth the -278 odds in any matchup. The Giants still aren’t worth much thought at +220 on the road.
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on the Bears to win outright returns a profit of just $3.60. This is termed a chalky play and isn’t worth the risk.
Against the Spread ( ?)
Both teams are 3-7 against the spread. The Bears fall an average of 2.5 points shy of the cover, with the Giants falling 4.8 points short. Chicago is 2-3 ATS at home and New York is 2-3 on the road.
The BEARS (- 6.5, – 110) will pull this out at home, winning by seven or more points in a strong defensive effort, thanks to mistakes from the Giants offense.
Over/Under ( ?)
The best play with this game is the UNDER 40.5 (- 115). Neither team is capable of handling the bulk of the scoring if the other is shut down. It’s unlikely we get a mutual effort.
Want action on this game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Esten’s NFL betting record: 27-31
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
Kawhi Leonard had the most Kawhi Leonard reaction to his game-sealing block at the buzzer
Why would any great players like James Wiseman even want to play college hoops?
Luka Doncic humiliated the Warriors with a historic first quarter
Hunters celebrate success until lawmen emerge
Great white shark breach catches scientist by surprise
Source: Read Full Article