IRELAND are ready to test themselves against the best as they welcome New Zealand in the Autumn Internationals this weekend.
Andy Farrell's team got off to the perfect start last week as they hammered Japan 60-5 to avenge their defeat to the Brave Blossoms in the 2019 World Cup.
But they'll be facing far tougher opposition this weekend as the All Blacks arrive in rude health.
New Zealand thumped an inexperienced Wales team 54-16 in Cardiff two weeks ago before their fringe players ran out 47-9 winners over Italy in Rome last weekend.
However, Ireland know how to beat the All Blacks in Dublin, having run out 16-9 winners in 2018.
Irish captain Johnny Sexton has warned his team that the swashbuckling style of rugby on display against Japan will not be possible throughout the game against the Kiwis.
He said: "We've always had license to do that, but if teams show a different picture you can't do it all the time.
"That's just the way the game unfolded on Saturday.
"We'd love to do it all the time and we just got presented the pictures and we read them quite well and executed off the back of it.
"If a team comes and they put 14 guys on the front line you can't run, you've got to kick more or target a different space.
"If it comes and it's raining or the conditions are really bad or they play a different type of defence to what Japan showed us, then we'll play the right options as we see fit.
"The most important thing is that we win, that's what we're judged on."
What time does Ireland vs New Zealand rugby kick off?
- Ireland vs New Zealand takes place on Saturday, October 13.
- The match kicks off at 3.15pm UK and Ireland time – 4.15am in New Zealand.
- It takes place at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin.
- Last time the two sides met, the All Blacks scored seven tries to run out 46-14 winners in the 2019 Rugby World Cup quarter-final in Chofu, Japan.
What TV channel is Ireland vs New Zealand rugby on and can I live stream it?
- Ireland vs New Zealand is live on Channel 4 in the UK.
- Coverage commences at 2.45pm – half an hour before kick-off.
- To stream the match live, head to the Channel 4 website.
What Irish TV channel is Ireland vs New Zealand on?
- Ireland vs New Zealand is live on RTE Two in the Republic of Ireland.
- Coverage commences at 2.15pm – one hour before kick-off.
Can I watch Ireland vs New Zealand free?
- Yes. Channel 4 is FREE for all UK viewers with a TV licence.
- RTE is also free-to-air for viewers in the Republic of Ireland.
Ireland's team is subject to change amid reports of a positive Covid test in the squad.
New Zealand 1/4
*Odds from Paddy Power correct as of Wednesday, November 10.
Source: Read Full Article