- Lionel Messi has slammed FC Barcelona for its treatment of club legend Luis Suarez.
- Suarez was told in a brief phone call in August that he was surplus to the requirements at the Camp Nou.
- He signed for Atletico Madrid on Wednesday, bringing to an end his six year spell with Barcelona during which he scored nearly 200 goals.
- "You deserved a send-off matching who you are," Messi said. "Not to get thrown out like you have been. But the truth is at this point nothing surprises me."
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lionel Messi has slammed FC Barcelona for its treatment of club legend Luis Suarez, who signed for rival club Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.
Suarez, who scored just shy of 200 goals and won 13 major honors during his six year stay at the Camp Nou, was told by new head coach Ronald Koeman that he was no longer needed at the club by way of a short and brutal phone call in August.
After a proposed move to Juventus fell through, the Uruguayan penned a two-year deal with Atleti on Wednesday.
"You deserved a send-off matching who you are — one of the most important players in the club's history, achieving important things both as a group and individually," Messi said in a lengthy Instagram post on Friday.
FC Barcelona's summer of chaos continues despite Lionel Messi agreeing to stay, with club directors now threatening to quit over another transfer saga
Lionel Messi ran the show for Barcelona as he returned to action after the messiest transfer saga in history, scoring 2 goals and setting up another
The English Premier League is back. Here's a team-by-team guide to the world's biggest soccer league.
Cristiano Ronaldo bizarrely compared having no fans in soccer stadiums to 'going to the circus and not seeing clowns'
Source: Read Full Article