Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Araujo targeted, Henderson LATEST, Martial to Sevilla, Neville SLAMS Cristiano Ronaldo

MAN UTD are said to be tracking a new centre-back in January and are interested in Barcelona's Ronald Araujo.

Elsewhere at United, Gary Neville slammed Cristiano Ronaldo after the he stormed down the tunnel at the end of Manchester United's draw at Newcastle.

The former team-mate of United's No7 criticised the Portuguese star for not clapping the away fans in the tie at St James' Park, something Neville believes United players should always do.

Anthony Martial has asked to leave United after talks with the new boss, but the club have reportedly rejected an loan offer from Sevilla for the forward.

The Frenchman has not been a regular this year and boss Ralf Rangnick confirmed he is now looking for a change of scenery.

But Rangnick added that no bid has come in for the Monaco star and therefore it is likely he will have to stay at Old Trafford.

On the pitch, United were abject as they escaped from Newcastle with a barely deserved 1-1 draw.

Get all the latest Man Utd transfer news, updates and gossip on our live blog…

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

  • Justin Lawrence

    Neville calls for United squad meeting

    Gary Neville has called for the players to hold emergency discussions… without interim boss Ralf Rangnick.

    Neville has called for the squad to 'sort it out' amid reports of friction within the Manchester United dressing room.

    Neville reckons there could be 'dissatisfaction' among the players, with Ronaldo in particular looking unhappy.

    Writing on Twitter, Neville said: "On United I’m seeing reports of dressing room dissatisfaction this morning. Something wasn’t right v Norwich and certainly not v Newcastle .

    "Still 4 pts from those games is not a disaster considering the performance levels. Have a meeting (without staff) and sort it out!"

  • Justin Lawrence

    Ronaldo's not getting enough assists

    Jamie Carragher thinks Man United aren't creating enough chances for Cristiano Ronaldo to score.

    United scraped a 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Monday and Carragher believes Ralf Rangnick's tactics are not getting the most out of the frustrated Portuguese forward.

    He said on Sky Sports: “The thing that would worry me as a Manchester United fan is the lack of chances they’re creating in games.

    “This is a depleted Newcastle team who have conceded 11 in the last three games.

    “You think of the role of Cristiano Ronaldo this season, the amount of times he’s saved Manchester United with big goals.

    “He got the penalty at Norwich but he hasn’t really had many chances.

    “If you’re not creating much for him… he’s a killer, deadly in the box, but if you’re not creating too much he’s not that involved in the game.”

  • Justin Lawrence

    Lewandowski claims he's the best

    Robert Lewandowski chose himself when asked to pick whose better out of Messi and Ronaldo.

    He also questioned the Ballon d'Or's decision to award Messi the coveted prize this year after the awards were cancelled last year due to Covid.

    Speaking at Dubai Expo, when asked about for his opinion on the Messi and Ronaldo debate, he said: "I choose Lewandowski."

    And he went on to say about the Ballon d'Or: "I've had so many questions about the Ballon d'Or. Last year they cancelled it, I couldn't go, I won everything I could win.

    “This year I scored 69 goals in one season so you know

    “I did everything that I could do, because in the Champions League against PSG I was injured, I couldn't play."

  • Justin Lawrence

    No more desserts at Man United

    Eric Bailly has credited Cristiano Ronaldo for changing the Man United squad's diet.

    Since Ronaldo re-joined United in the summer, he's influenced his peers to cut out desserts, Bailly revealed.

    He told Poet & Vuj, reported by Manchester Evening News: "We’ve stopped [eating dessert].

    “All the players stopped because it’s good, you need to change sometimes.

    “Ronaldo has been the best for a long time, why? Your body, you need to take care of it.”

  • Justin Lawrence

    Rangnick 'won't let Henderson leave'

    Ralf Rangnick has reportedly told Dean Henderson he won't be able to leave in January.

    Henderson isn't happy about his limited first-team opportunities this season and has demanded talks with Rangnick to discuss his options.

    However, Henderson won't be able to leave United as Rangnick wants three keepers in his squad, the Mail report.

    The Mail also claim that Rangnick's reluctance to let Henderson seek regular playing time elsewhere may cause a rift between the pair.

  • Justin Lawrence

    YOUTH WAVE

    Gary Neville has called on Premier League teams to "get on with it" and stop postponing games due to COVID-19.

    So far, a total of 15 Prem matches have been called off this month alone due to rising cases caused by the Omicron variant and that has brought the fixtures list in disarray.

    This comes after the Premier League confirmed that a record 103 tests came back positive from December 20-26.

    Rules in the top flight state that clubs are required to fulfil their fixtures if they have a minimum of 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper available within their squad.

    And Neville believes there is "no way" those teams don't have enough players to complete a squad.

    The Sky Sports pundit also urged the clubs to place faith on their younger talent, who are craving for an opportunity in the top flight.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Sean Dyche wary of Man United threat

    Burnley boss Sean Dyche thinks it will be 'naive' of his side to underestimate Man United when they face each other tomorrow.

    United haven't been in the best form as of late but Dyche is still wary of the threat they pose even when they aren't at their best.

    Speaking ahead of the game, Dyche said: “They’ve had a couple of challenging games where they haven’t maybe looked like what we’d expect from a Man U side.

    “But within that they still find key moments and have still got some very high-level players.

    “They have found ways of making moments that count even though they are not purring.

    “We wouldn’t be naive enough to turn up and think there is a perfect time to play them."

  • Justin Lawrence

    Kessie urged not to join Man United

    Franck Kessie has been urged to stay at AC Milan by club legend Massimo Ambrosini.

    The midfielder will be able to negotiate a pre-contract with clubs in January as his Milan deal runs out next summer and he's yet to sign an extension.

    Kessie reportedly wants an €8million yearly salary – around £132,000-a-week – but Milan are only offering €6.5m.

    United are one of the favourites to sign the 24-year-old, but Ambrosini doesn't think he should be swayed by money as United or any other interested parties are as big as Milan.

    He said, reported by Manchester Evening News: "I have every respect for the professional decisions of fellow players. All I can say is that these clubs who can offer a higher salary aren't of a higher level than Milan.

    "The chance to bring home €8m rather than €6m should not be the priority if you are happy, otherwise, where you already are. He shouldn't think of Milan as being a club of a secondary level."

  • Justin Lawrence

    Prem clubs battle over Schick

    Arsenal are part of the bidding war for Bayer Leverkusen star Patrik Schick ahead of the January transfer window, reports suggest.

    According to 90min, Manchester City, Tottenham, West Ham, Everton and the Gunners have been keeping tabs on Schick for months.

    Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick is also a well-known fan of the striker, whom he signed at RB Leipzig on loan from Roma in 2019.

    However, Leverkusen are in no hurry to sell and have little interest to hear offers for the Czech Republic international next month.

    The 25-year-old is enjoying a stunning campaign as he is the second highest goalscorer in the Bundesliga and has netted more times than Borussia Dortmund superstar Erling Haaland.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Maguire and Ronaldo power struggle

    Cristiano Ronaldo's return to Manchester United has seen Harry Maguire become more subdued, according to reports.

    Gary Neville recently hinted at a leadership struggle between the pair while the new canteen design at Carrington is said to have exacerbated concerns over squad cliques and low morale.

    Club captain Maguire is said to have been more reserved since Ronnie returned in the summer and the leadership lines have reportedly become blurred with the iconic Portuguese on the scene.

    But that is just the tip of the iceberg with petulance and discontent said to be rife among several squad members.

    The mood at Carrington is described as 'very low' with existing cliques within the squad being firmed up by the new canteen deisgn.

    Six four-seater seating booths have been installed which discourages the squad from sitting together as one and makes it easier for smaller established groups to keep themselves to themselves.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Neville urges Man United to call meeting

    Gary Neville has urged Man United players and staff to have a meeting to put an end to their poor run of form.

    Neville took to Twitter to voice his frustrations following United's woeful performance in their 1-1 draw with Newcastle on Monday.

    He fumed: "On United I'm seeing reports of dressing room dissatisfaction this morning.

    "Something wasn't right v Norwich and certainly not v Newcastle.

    "Still four pts from those games is not a disaster considering the performance levels. Have a meeting (without staff) and sort it out!"

  • Justin Lawrence

    Not too Keane on Rio and Rooney

    Roy Keane has admitted that he didn't understand Wayne Rooney or Rio Ferdinand's banter while at Man United.

    Keane's difference in humour caused him to stay away from Rio, Rooney and most of the United team towards the end of his Old Trafford career.

    “Near the end I remember thinking ‘I don’t get some of the boys. I don't get their banter or humour’. I rarely had a conversation with anyone.

    Reflecting on his relationship with the fomer England duo, Kean told Sky Sports: “When I left there were a lot of players I didn't miss. The game was changing and maybe I was a bit grumpy, a bit old school.

    "I didn’t get Wayne or Rio, I didn’t get their banter or what they stood for sometimes. It was probably a personal thing.

    “The game was changing and I had changed with it but towards the end at United with the players coming through I didn’t always get them."

  • Justin Lawrence

    Ronaldo statue unveiled in India

    Cristiano Ronaldo has had a golden statue erected in India in a bid to inspire the country's youngsters.

    Young football fans in India's North Goa region had requested the Ronaldo statue, and Waste Management Minister Michael Lobo obliged, ANI reported.

    While speaking to ANI, Lobo said: "This is the first statue of Cristiano Ronaldo in India. This is nothing but to inspire the youth."

    However, everyone wasn't happy with the decision to build the statue of Ronaldo and there were said to be some objections.

    But a defiant Lobo insisted: "Football is a game for all, and has no religion or caste yet some people do not understand that."

  • Justin Lawrence

    Get a move Ron

    Gabby Agbonlahor reckons Ronaldo's return to Man United has negatively impacted Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho.

    The ex-Villa striker thinks the England trio haven't been given the chance to shine as United base their attacks around Ronaldo.

    Agbonlahor told Football Insider: "If I'm Rashford, Greenwood or Sancho, I’m scared to have a shot. Every time they have a shot he's got his arms up to say 'Why haven’t you passed to me?

    "The harmony is not right in that changing room. The form of Rashford and Greenwood has dropped since Ronaldo has been there.

    "They can't express themselves. It's like they think ‘I have to pass to Ronaldo, I have to create a chance for Ronaldo'.

    "Before Ronaldo came, Greenwood was taking players on and shots on and he's not doing that anymore and getting dragged at half-time.

    "If I was Rashford, Greenwood or Sancho I'd be saying to myself 'Oh, why did we have to bring him here?"

  • Justin Lawrence

    Ron the way out

    Ronaldo has offered himself to Barcelona as he is unhappy at Manchester United, according to reports.

    The Portuguese superstar is said to have contacted Barca centre-back Gerard Pique and asked him to speak to Nou Camp boss Xavi about a move.

    His agent Jorge Mendes is also already negotiating terms with Barca president Joan Laporta, according to Mundo Deportivo.

    Ronnie is aware the cash-strapped Catalans are looking for a goalscorer.

    He is said to have contacted Xavi 'a few days ago' thanks to an introduction by his former United team-mate Pique.

    Mendes has a good relationship with Laporta and the pair are already discussing the viability of the move.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Henderson demands talks with Rangnick

    Dean Henderson wants showdown talks with Ralf Rangnick, according to reports.

    The Manchester United goalkeeper has featured just twice this season.

    And it is that lack of playing time that he wants to address in his sit-down with Rangnick.

    According to the Daily Mail, Henderson 'regrets' signing his bumper new contract at Old Trafford in 2020, which saw his wages increase to at least £100,000 per week.

    And even though Rangnick would be unlikely to let him leave in January, the No2 choice clearly wants to make his feelings heard.

  • Joshua Jones

    GOOD MORNING RED DEVILS FANS

    Manchester United have reportedly rejected a loan bid for Anthony Martial from Sevilla.

    The Spanish club are said to have made a straight loan proposal with no option or obligation to buy clauses.

    According to Sky Sports News, the Spanish club wanted the French forward until the end of the season.

    Eric Baily has flown back to the UK from the Ivory Coast and is in contention for the game against Burnley.

    The defender was preparing to appear for his country in the African Cup of Nations, but is back in the UK.

    Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo has offered himself to Barcelona as he is unhappy at Manchester United, according to reports.

    The Portuguese superstar is said to have contacted Barca centre-back Gerard Pique and asked him to speak to Nou Camp boss Xavi about a move.

    His agent Jorge Mendes is also already negotiating terms with Barca president Joan Laporta, according to Mundo Deportivo.

  • Jon Boon

    Ronaldo award

    Cristiano Ronaldo has won another award after being named Best Goal Scorer in Football History.

    The Manchester United striker was not on hand to collect the trophy at the Globe Soccer event in Dubai.

    But his agent and friend Jorge Mendes collected it on his behalf.

    The 36-year-old has now scored more than 800 career goals, well ahead of his great rivals Lionel Messi.

    It sees him overtake Brazil legend Pele aswell on official records – though his old club Santos dispute this.

  • Jon Boon

    Mata set for move

    Real Sociedad are hoping to persuade Manchester United to release Juan Mata as a free agent in January.

    The 33-year-old is in the final six months of his Old Trafford contract and knows he will not be offered a new deal by United.

    Ambitious Sociedad are keen to lure the former Chelsea midfielder back to La Liga for a career finale after ten years in England.

    The Basque side are currently sixth in La Liga and looking to push on to secure Champions League qualification.

    And coach Imanol Alguacil believes Mata’s big-time experience could be crucial in the run-in.

  • Jon Boon

    Revealed: Sloppy United in possession

    Ralf Rangnick must already have that sinking feeling at Manchester United.

    This group of underperforming Red Devils have already got two bosses the sack in Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with average performances.

    The alarming statistic that United lost possession a whopping 167 times in Monday’s abysmal 1-1 draw at Newcastle — their highest in the Premier League this season — suggests these players are the root of  the problem.

    A failure to carry out basic tasks such as passing to a team-mate or high pressing shows the major task Rangnick has on his hands.

  • Jon Boon

    Centre back wanted

    Manchester United are hot on the trail of Ronald Araujo, according to El Nacional.

    The centre back is one of Europe's most highly-rated defenders and has starred for Barcelona this campaign.

    The Uruguayan international could cost over £30million, the report claims.

    The Red Devils have struggled at the back this season, with Harry Maguire yet to recapture his form and Raphael Varane suffering with injury.

  • Jon Boon

    Kamara blow

    Man Utd's hopes of landing Boubacar Kamara have been dealt a blow with Newcastle to make a £10million bid when the transfer window opens, according to a report.

    The Marseille star is a free agent at the end of the season, but the Toon could move in January to steal a march on their rivals, says Marca.

    To help smooth over the process, the Red Devils have offered Martial as part of a deal, according to the Spanish news outlet.

  • Jon Boon

    De Gea is best in Europe

    The Manchester United keeper is statistically the BEST in Europe’s top five leagues, stats reveal.

    The Spain international currently boasts a ‘post-shot expected goals minus goals allowed’ score of +7.6.

    That essentially means he has stopped 7.6 expected goals this season so far.

  • Jon Boon

    Baily back in England

    Eric Baily has flown back to the UK from the Ivory Coast and is in contention for the game against Burnley.

    The defender was preparing to appear for his country in the African Cup of Nations, but is back in the UK.

    Regular centre backs Harry Maguire and Raphael Varane appeared laboured in last night's 1-1 draw.

    It was Varane's mistake that allowed Allan Saint-Maximin to fire home from the edge of the box.

  • Jon Boon

    Maguire laments long break

    Harry Maguire has blamed a long lay-off due to Covid and fixtures getting cancelled for Man Utd's poor performance against Newcastle.

    The Red Devils didn't play for other two weeks until they hung up for a 1-1 draw at St James' Park.

    Maguire told United's website: "No 16-day break in the middle of a football season is going to help you.

    "The training ground has been shut and half the lads playing today are recovering from the virus, so of course it’s not going to help us.

    "We’ve had people with symptoms, people without symptoms, it’s been a real mixed bag for everyone at the football club and it’s been a tough time."

    Source: Read Full Article