PSG 'must sell Neymar by NEXT FRIDAY', Barcelona 'in new £34m Lewandowski bid', Pogba Juventus transfer 'full agreement' | The Sun

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN must sell Neymar by next Friday or give him an automatic new five-year contract worth £600,000-a-week, according to reports.

The Parisians are said to be keen on building a more "humble" squad made of local players, but one of Neymar's agents said he is still dreaming of winning the Champions League with PSG.

Meanwhile Barcelona – a club that targeted Neymar last summer – have reportedly made a new bid for Robert Lewandowski.

And Paul Pogba and Juventus are said to have reached a "full agreement", with the transfer set to be completed when the World Cup winner returns from holiday in two weeks.

FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today

Keep up to date with all the latest transfer news across the globe…

  • Justin Lawrence

    PSG in Neymar pickle

    PSG must sell Neymar by next Friday to avoid an automatic contract renewal that will see him paid £600,000 weekly until 2027.

    Neymar's become surplus to requirements at PSG who are rebuilding their squad around Kylian Mbappe.

    And the last thing they want is to continue paying Neymar the exorbitant amount for the next five years.

    So the French Champions are rushing to sell the Brazilian before his new contract automatically kicks in.

    However, they face a struggle as not many clubs can afford his hefty wages.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Barcelona ‘eye Edinson Cavani’

    Edinson Cavani is being lined up for a shock move to Barcelona.

    Barca are reportedly tracking the ex-Man United striker who left the club this summer.

    The Catalan giants’ main target is Robert Lewandowski, but they’ll turn to Cavani if landing the Poland international is to difficult, according to Fichajes.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Ronaldo ‘tracked by Bayern’

    Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a sensational move to Bayern Munich.

    Bayern are reportedly eyeing Ronaldo as a replacement for the outgoing Robert Lewandowski, according to AS.

    The German giants want Ronaldo to spearhead an exciting new attack with Sadio Mane.

    And they could be in luck as Ronaldo wants to quit Man United as he’s starting to doubt the Red Devils’ ability to compete for the top prizes next season, the report adds.

    Liverpool have strengthened their attack with Darwin Nunez, while Man City brought in Erling Haaland.

    Conversely, United have been quiet in the transfer market which has fuelled Ronaldo’s skepticism over the club’s silverware push next season.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Lokonga’s going nowhere this summer

    Albert Sambi Lokonga will reportedly stay at Arsenal this summer despite the arrival of Fabio Vieira.

    There had been rumours Burnley boss Vincent Kompany could make a loan swoop for the 22-year-old midfielder, who he previously coached at Anderlecht.

    But boss Mikel Arteta wants a strong squad next season in order to be competitive on four fronts.

    And football.london report Lokonga is set to stay at the Emirates rather than head out on loan.

    The Gunners recently confirmed the £34million capture of Vieira and there is continued interest in Youri Tielemans, both of who play in Lokonga’s position.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Barcelona make fresh Lewandowski offer

    Barcelona have reportedly made a fresh offer for Robert Lewandowski.

    Barca's first bid was shut down by Bayern Munich.

    But the Catalan giants have returned undeterred with an offer of £30.5m, plus £4.2m in add-ons, according to Sport.

  • Justin Lawrence

    It’s a family affair

    Man United have reportedly hired the brother of Everton defender Michael Keane to be the club’s new transfer chief.

    Solicitor Tom Keane is set to replace Matt Judge, who has quit his role as director of transfer negotiations at Old Trafford.

    In a summer of change Judge followed Chief Scout Jim Lawlor and Head of Global Scouting Marcel Bout in walking out the door.

    Keane will join in a consultancy role, according to The Daily Mail, but will handle transfer and contract negotiations after taking over some of Judge’s commitments.

    He is also brother to Wigan striker Will, who was formerly on the books at Old Trafford alongside Toffees defender Michael.

    Keane is poised to play a key role in getting players through the door at Manchester United for new boss Erik ten Hag.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Man City goalie squeeze

    USA No1 Zack Steffen is being squeezed out at Manchester City – just five months before facing England at the World Cup.

    The Premier League champions have lined up a move for German keeper Stefan Ortega – a free agent after leaving Arminia Bielefield – as they decide who will be Ederson’s understudy next season.

    City sources have confirmed the 29-year-old is an option they are exploring for their latest title defence.

    And should the move go through it would almost certainly leave Steffen hunting for a new club ahead of a key few months in his career.

  • Justin Lawrence

    Overnight round-up

    Brazil stars Antony, Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison and Raphinha could all head to London.

    Chelsea have reportedly added Manchester United target Antony to a list of wing options headed by Leeds' Raphinha.

    And Manchester City striker Jesus could be just days from sealing a £50million-plus move to Arsenal.

    But Tottenham and Chelsea are monitoring the situation.

    It's those last two clubs who hope qualifying for the Champions League will make Everton main man Richarlison consider moving south.

    Erik ten Hag's summer spree as new Old Trafford chief could be limited to £120million.

    So that wouldn't leave much over if United signed £69m-rated Ajax hero Antony AND Barcelona midfield Frenkie de Jong.

    Meanwhile, Paul Pogba will have a medical with Juventus early next month ahead of a return from the Red Devils.

    And after completing his £10m switch from Burnley to Newcastle, Nick Pope revealed that the Toon's England buddy Kieran Trippier played a big role in the hard sell.

  • Ian Tuckey

    London calling for Jesus, Richarlison, Raphinha

    London's Premier League giants are in a three-way battle for a hat-trick of Brazilian stars, writes TOM BARCLAY.

    Samba boys Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison and Raphinha are all being eyed up by a  trio of the biggest clubs in the capital.

    Tottenham boss Antonio Conte has dropped his interest in Gabriel Jesus, giving Arsenal and Chelsea a clearer run at the Manchester City forward.

    But Conte’s Spurs and Chelsea are vying for Richarlison, who wants to leave Everton but is rated at more than £50million.

    And Spurs are also in a fight with arch-rivals Arsenal for Leeds wideman Raphinha, coveted by Barcelona too but who would command a similar fee.

    It makes for a Selecao-themed sideshow to the summer transfer market and one that could see each London club end the window with a shiny, new Brazilian international in their ranks.

    Jesus, 25, has a year left on his City contract and is expected to leave following the signings of strikers Erling Haaland and Julian Alvarez.

    Arsenal have a long-term interest in the former Palmeiras forward, whom Mikel Arteta worked with during his time as Pep Guardiola’s No2 at City.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Steffen sweats on City future

    USA No1 Zack Steffen is being squeezed out at Manchester City – just five months before facing England at the World Cup.

    The Premier League champions have lined up a move for German keeper Stefan Ortega – a free agent after leaving Arminia Bielefield – as they decide who will be Ederson’s understudy next season.

    City sources have confirmed the 29-year-old is an option they are exploring for their latest title defence.

    And should the move go through it would almost certainly leave Steffen hunting for a new club ahead of a key few months in his career.

    Despite enjoying his two years at City, the American is keen to play more to ensure he goes to Qatar with his country in November in prime shape.

    Gregg Berhalter’s men have been drawn in the same group as the Three Lions and Wales for the tournament – and are hopeful of reaching the knock-out stages.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Trippier tipped me off

    Nick Pope credited England buddy Kieran Trippier for selling Newcastle to him on England duty, writes OSCAR PAUL.

    The Three Lions keeper sealed a £10million move from Burnley, signing a four-year deal.

    Toon announced Pope’s arrival with a tweet of white smoke emerging from St James’ Park.

    The Magpies stopper, 30, spent two weeks on England duty after the Clarets’ relegation, where he quizzed Newcastle right-back on his new club.

    Pope said: “I was asking him a few questions and he was telling me everything about the lads in the dressing room, the atmosphere home and away, and what the manager has brought to the club.

    “He really sold it to me and spoke incredibly highly of what is going on.”

    Pope will compete with Martin Dubravka for the No 1 jersey and is Eddie Howe’s second summer signing after Matt Targett made his loan from Aston Villa permanent.

    The Saudi-owned Magpies are looking to gatecrash the European spots after finishing 11th last season.

    And Pope added: “We don’t want to settle for anything, we really want to push ourselves to see what we can achieve.

    “We’ve got high quality players, a high quality manager and unmatched support – why limit ourselves?”

  • Ian Tuckey

    Kompany closes on Ballard as first Burnley buy

    Arsenal defender Daniel Ballard is closing in on a £2million move to Burnley.

    New boss Vincent Kompany is desperate for defensive reinforcements with skipper Ben Mee and James Tarkowski expected to leave on frees following their relegation from the Premier League.

    But after having their bid accepted by The Gunners, Ballard is now set to discuss personal terms with The Clarets before having a medical.

    Kompany's legacy at Manchester City is said to have had a huge role in persuading the 22-year-old to join him at Turf Moor.

    Ballard has not made a competitive first-team appearance for Mikel Arteta's side.

    But the club have inserted a clause to allow them to match any future bids.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Pogba tipped to seal Juve return in July

    Paul Pogba will have a medical with Juventus early next month after the details of his return to Turin were thrashed out.

    And the former Manchester United midfielder, 29, looks set to sign a three-year deal, with the option of  a further 12 months.

    A key meeting between officials from the Italian club and one of Pogba’s representatives, Rafaela Pimenta, took place in Milan on Thursday.

    Everything is now in place for his return to Serie A giants Juve as a free agent — six years after he left to rejoin United in what was then a world-record £89million deal.

    Reports in Italy suggest he will earn a basic salary of around £150,000 a week, although that will be boosted by a sizeable signing-on fee.

    However, that figure will cause some raised eyebrows among the Old Trafford hierarchy.

    In his Amazon Prime  documentary The Pogmentary, he described a new £300,000-a-week contract offer from Red Devils chiefs as “nothing”.

    United announced earlier this month that he would be leaving  this summer when his  contract expired. Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid were also keen on luring the French World Cup winner.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Jesus and Raphinha ‘more important’ than Youri

    Arsenal have reportedly prioritised the signings of Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha over Youri Tielemans.

    The Gunners are still keen on Leicester city midfielder Tielemans, but want to recruit Man City ace Jesus and Leeds star Raphinha first,

    That’s according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

    He told Caught Offside: “Arsenal have long had contacts with the player’s camp and with Leicester but have not made official offers so far.

    “Talks are still on, but they are not at the key stages yet because the club is focused on Gabriel Jesus as a priority and is trying to compete for Raphinha, two deals on which you need to be quick.”

  • Ian Tuckey

    Mission 'Impossible' to leave Arsenal

    Eddie Nketiah claims boss Mikel Arteta made it 'almost impossible' for him to leave Arsenal.

    The striker, 23,  signed a lengthy new contract last week after being linked to Crystal Palace, West Ham and Newcastle.

    He ended last season with five goals in seven Prem matches to complete his transformation.

    But Nketiah told The Daily Telegraph: “Everyone knows how much I love Arsenal.

    “I have come through the academy, I have the attachment with the club.

    The manager was very supportive and pushed a lot for me to stay.

    "Once I had those kinds of assurances, and no doubts that I will get opportunities to play next season, it was almost impossible for me to leave."

    He added: “That run [of matches] really helped me. It gave me the feeling I always wanted, that I have craved.

    "That feeling of playing well, doing well, scoring. It helped me with my decision and made it a lot clearer. Experiencing that with my family, we knew this is the place to be."

  • Ian Tuckey

    Chelsea could rival Manchester United for Antony

    That's the claim from 90min as Old Trafford boss Erik ten Hag eyes at least four of his ex-Ajax stars.

    It's understood the Dutch giants value the Brazil winger, 22, at around £69million.  

    And with Romelu Lukaku poised to rejoin Inter Milan on loan, his Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is looking for new attackers.

    90min suggest the Blues have met Antony's agents in the UK.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Portuguese outlet claims Ron is eyeing Utd exit

    Portuguese reports claim Cristiano Ronaldo wants out of Manchester United unless new boss Erik ten Hag makes signings soon.

    The incredible suggestion from Record is that the Portugal legend has 'told his inner circle'he's worried about the Red Devils' slow progress in the transfer window so far.

    Of course, all sorts of sensational reports about Ron, 37, hit the 'headlines' around Europe.

    And despite this evening's claim, the smart money is on the ex-Real Madrid and Juventus hero staying at Old Trafford for the second year of his contract.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Pope turns Claret into Tyne

    Newcastle announced the arrival of Nick Pope with a hilarious Twitter post.

    The England keeper, 30, arrived from Burnley for around £10million on a four-year deal.

    And the Magpies Christened his move with a brilliant post showing white smoke above St James' Park.

    At the Vatican City, white smoke emerging above the Sistine Chapel signifies a new Pope has been elected to the position.

    Pope was named in the Premier League Team of the Year in 2020, but couldn't help the Clarets avoid relegation last season.

    He has won eight England caps and has cemented himself as the Three Lions' No 2.

    He said: "Now I'm here, I can't wait to get started.

    "The deal has taken a couple of weeks to come to fruition but it got over the line really quickly, and I'm delighted to be here and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it."

  • Ian Tuckey

    Brugge close in on Carroll

    Andy Carroll could make his Champions League debut aged 33.

    The former Liverpool, West Ham and Newcastle striker is reportedly in transfer talks with Club Brugge.

    According to the Daily Mail, Carroll has flown to Belgium to negotiate a short-term deal and undergo his medical.

    The free agent was released by West Brom at the end of last season after scoring three goals in 15 games following his January arrival from Reading.

    The nine-cap England international, who swapped St James' Park for Anfield for a British-record £35million in 2011, previously played in the Uefa Cup and Europa League – with zero goals in seven appearances.

    However, joining the Belgian champions means he would likely get his first taste of football on this continent and the Champions League.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Red Devils in queue for Endrick

    Manchester United are monitoring Palmeiras 15-year-old Endrick, reports claim.

    But PSG, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also said to checking out the Brazilian.

    The striker can't sign a pro deal until he turns 16 on July 21 but it's understood he's agreed to put pen to paper with Palmeiras.

    He has, though, hinted he loves Real.

  • Ian Tuckey

    'Arsenal bid £48m for Raphinha'

    Arsenal have bid around £48million for Raphinha – if claims from Spain tonight are to be believed.

    Mundo Deportivo reporter Gabriel Sans tweeted that Leeds have received an offer of ‘€55m (£47.2m) plus €15m (£12.8m) in variables’ for the Brazil winger, 25, who has mainly been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United.

    Sans mentioned no club – although he seemed to rule out Barcelona.

    But in reply, fellow journalist Pol Alonso posted: “It’s Arsenal”.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Blues linked to Neymar

    Chelsea are being linked with a sensational move for Neymar.

    The French champions are reportedly willing to consider offloading the Brazil superstar, 30.

    Boss Mauricio Pochettino is heading out following another failure to win the Champions League.

    And there are question marks over Neymar's attitude in the French capital since his £198million move from Barcelona in 2017.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Matthijs de Light latest

    Chelsea are reportedly keen on signing Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt.

    The Blues are desperate for reinforcements at centre-back after Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen quit the club.

    Juventus centre-back De Ligt is someone the Blues are “very interested” in signing, according to Sky Sports in Italy.

    Though Chelsea are said to have zero intention of paying the £103million release clause in the 22-year-old Dutch international’s contract.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Barca 'launch Lewandowski offer'

    Barcelona have reportedly made the first move for Robert Lewandowski, who has also been linked with Premier League giants.

    The Polish strike legend has angered Bayern by publicly revealing hisdesire to leave this summer.

    But it's thought the bid is below the German champs' £35million valuation of the 33-year-old.

  • Ian Tuckey

    Red Devils could offload 5 defenders

    Manchester United are reportedly looking to get rid of FIVE defenders this summer as they prepare to rebuild their back line.

    The Red Devils are welcoming in a new era under manager Erik ten Hag after a dreadful 2021/22 campaign.

    They conceded 57 Premier League goals in a thoroughly disappointing season – their worst record for 43 years.

    As a result, Ten Hag is hoping to lead a mass overhaul at the heart of their defence.

    According to Manchester Evening News, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams are all on borrowed time.

    That would add to the host of players' wages the club got rid of after their contracts expired – Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Edinson Cavani to name just a few.

    The sales would enable them to dip into the transfer market and bolster their defence – which already includes the likes of captain Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane, Victor Lindelof, Diogo Dalot, Luke Shaw and Alex Telles.

    United have already been linked with a number of centre-backs in the summer window. These include Ajax duo Jurrien Timber and Lisandro Martinez – who Ten Hag is hoping to reunite with at Old Trafford.

    Villarreal's Pau Torres has also been muted as a possible target.

    Source: Read Full Article