Bachelor producers want to replace Chris Harrison with host 'outside franchise' after 'racism' scandal

CHRIS Harrison's replacement will come from "outside the franchise" just in time for Matt James' "After The Final Rose" ceremony.

The celebrity host stepped away from the ABC show after many claimed he "defended racism" in an interview with Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay.

? Follow all the latest news and stories on The Bachelor live blog…

 



Chris, 49, will indeed be replaced during the current season, TMZ reported, but his fill-in will not come from inside the Bachelor Nation.

Though the TV personality pre-recorded the current season, he will not be back for the "After The Final Rose" ceremony, where viewers are able to check in on their favorite contestants.

A source told the publication that "ABC appears to be seeking someone who's not part of Bachelor Nation" despite previous rumors the replacement would come from a former contestant.

The insider ensured there would be no "former bachelors, bachelorettes or their suitors, no matter how popular they are."


Despite looking outside the franchise, the network still has their sights set on the "ABC talent pool."

Rachel Lindsey, the first Black Bachelorette, had been offered the role though she declined.

The previous contestant, who moderated the controversial interview with Chris Harrison, suggested they bring on FS1 sports analyst Emmanuel Acho.

The retired NFL player frequently discusses matters of race on television, backing his case as a potential candidate.


Despite Rachel's suggestion, Emmanuel has reportedly not yet been contacted for the role, the publication reported.

TMZ also explained that race would be a central topic when filming ensues for the reunion.

Fans have requested Tayshia Adams take over the spot, the second-ever Black Bachelorette who is also vocal about equal rights.

The episode itself will be filled with drama, as show lead, Matt James is said to have a face-off with his speculated chosen finalist, Rachael Kirkconnell.


Rachael hit instant infamy when old photos were dug up of her attending an Old South Antebellum party that sought to pay tribute to the Confederate nation.

The rumored couple will most likely discuss the allegations during the episode, which will likely be an emotional moment for cast and audience.

Chris Harrison has faced serious backlash over his talk with Rachel Lindsay, in which he defended Rachael Kirkconnell and as many claimed, "perpetuated racism."

After offering an apology for his actions, he took a step back from his work on the show.


The reality star has since lost many other job opportunities, including his Wheel of Fortune episode which has been postponed.

An ABC source exclusively revealed to The Sun that his episode has been pushed back "indefinitely."

They explained: "Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune has postponed airing an episode starring Chris Harrison as a guest contestant indefinitely.

"The episode was filmed in late January and was scheduled to air this week on Thursday [February 18]. Following all of the recent backlash, ABC pulled the episode.


"It was a network decision, not up to the Wheel Of Fortune producers. The network is going to play it by ear about what to do moving forward with hopes to air the episode as of right now on the 25th.

"But there’s a big chance the episode will be scrapped entirely and not air at all. If they re-filmed, it would be with new celebrity contestants. Chris starred in his episode with Robert Herjavec and Alfonso Ribeiro."

The host was also dropped from his Manly Bands campaign, where he partnered with the company to design a line of men's wedding bands.

Most recently, the father of two was "fired" from the video-sharing app Cameo, where he normally charged between $350-$500 for specially created content.

Source: Read Full Article