While filmmakers Billal Fallah and Adil Al Arbi admit they are ‘saddened’ by Warner Bros.’ decision to shelve the movie, the Batgirl herself keeps a positive attitude as she’s ‘proud’ of their ‘hard work.’
AceShowbiz -“Batgirl” star and filmmakers have broken their silence on Warner Bros.’ decision to scrap the movie. One day after it was announced that the movie will not be released though filming has been completed, they released a statement.
Billal Fallah and Adil Al Arbi said they “are saddened and shocked by the news.” They lamented, “We still can’t believe it. As directors, it is critical that our work be shown to audiences, and while the film was far from finished, we wish that fans all over the world would have had the opportunity to see an embrace the final films themselves. Maybe one day they will insha/Allah.”
Praising everyone they worked with for the movie, the filmmakers added, “Our amazing cast and crew did a tremendous job and worked so hard to bring Batgirl to life. We are forever grateful to have been part of that team. It was a dream to work with such fantastic actors like Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons, Brendan Fraser, Jacob Scipio, Corey Johnson, Rebecca Front, and especially the great Leslie Grace, who portrayed Batgirl with so much passion, dedication, and humanity.”
“In any case, as huge fans of Batman since we were little kids, it was a privilege and an honor to have been part of the DCEU, even if it was for a brief moment. Batgirl for life,” they concluded.
Grace, meanwhile, took to her Instagram account on Wednesday, August 3 to share behind-the-scenes photos and videos from “Batgirl”. Keeping a positive attitude, she penned, “On the heels of the recent news about our movie ‘Batgirl,’ I am proud of the love, hard work and intention all of our incredible cast and tireless crew put into this film over 7 months in Scotland. I feel blessed to have worked among absolute greats and forged relationships for a lifetime in the process!”
“To every Batgirl fan – THANK YOU for the love and belief, allowing me to take on the cape and become, as Babs said best, ‘my own damn hero!’ ” she added, before ending the caption with the same motto, “#Batgirl for life!”
On Tuesday, it was revealed that Warner Bros. decided to not release “Batgirl” and “Scoob! Holiday Haunt“. Confirming the unusual move, a Warner Bros. spokesperson said in a statement, “The decision to not release ‘Batgirl’ reflects our leadership’s strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max.” The statement continued to read, “Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of ‘Batgirl’ and ‘Scoob! Holiday Haunt’ and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future.”
The decision came after a change in leadership at Warners. New Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav is now prioritizing cost-cutting measures and refocusing Warners on creating theatrical films rather than projects for streaming, as had been a priority for former WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar.
Filming for “Batgirl” wrapped up in March this year. The initial $75 million production budget for the project rose to $90 million, due in part to COVID-related delays and protocols. As for the “Scoob!” sequel, the animated feature reportedly had cost Warner Bros. $40 million for production.
Source: Read Full Article