I'M A Celebrity's stars won't get a warm welcome back at the castle – as they're facing with non-stop rain and icy temperatures.
The popular reality series was forced off air over the weekend after Storm Arwen caused a 48-hour blackout and extensive damage to the Welsh set.
And with the news that the show will return tonight, the celebs are sure in for a shock as the set has been hit by 12 hours of rain and freezing temperatures as low as 4C in the last 24hours.
Yesterday in Wales, the public experienced a cloudy end to the day with outbreaks of rain and drizzle throughout the evening and overnight.
Fortunately, temperatures increased overnight with the lowest hitting 4C while coastal regions were breezy.
Now looking at today's forecast, the I'm A Celeb production will face a windy and somewhat cloudy day, according to the Met Office.
They have also said there's a chance of some further patchy rain and drizzle at times, turning heavier and more persistent into the evening with maximum temperatures of 13C.
The Sun revealed that the series will be making a comeback tonight, meaning the crew have had to work around the clock to get the site up and running again.
While the camp was badly affected by the storms brutal winds and icy temperatures, an inspection of Gwrych Castle miraculously revealed it suffered no damage.
ITV bosses confirmed: "I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will return from tomorrow night (Tuesday 30th November) on ITV and ITV Hub with a brand new show.
"Ant & Dec will be back presenting live from the Castle."
🔵 Read our I'm A Celeb 2021 live blog for the latest updates
Contestants will face a new live trial on Wednesday night, and the public vote for who'll take it on will open in tonight's show, with Ant and Dec presenting live from the castle.
"Production worked round the clock to get the site back up and running after Storm Arwen caused substantial damage over the weekend," a source said.
Despite not getting several episodes to air, ITV confirmed it will not be making up the episodes that they were forced to axe due to Storm Arwen.
Reps for the show have now said that the series will still end on the same date as originally planned, and they won't be making up for lost time.
The campmates will return to the castle once the show's entire production is safely re-established, with the quarantine conditions for the celebs the same as they were before they joined the show.
If they come into contact with anybody outside of I'm A Celeb's secure Covid bubble, they won't be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced out of the show after just four days due to a hospital dash.
It was previously reported that the show's production area "looks like a bomb has hit it", with "terrified" crew almost blown off their feet.
Pictures showed marquees ripped to shreds, and roofs and canopies ripped from structures after gales ravaged the location.
While ITV bosses were sure to take extra precautions to keep their celebrity campmates safe, the surrounding area was devastated by the weather.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
Email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220 .
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Source: Read Full Article