Strictly Come Dancing: Where is Motsi Mabuse on Strictly and when will she be back?

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Strictly Come Dancing returns this weekend and fans are curious to see how the competition pans out with some of the figureheads being absent. One of the judges, Motsi Mabuse, will not be appearing this weekend, and instead, she will be replaced by professional dancer Anton du Beke. Express.co.uk has everything you need to know about where Motsi is and when she will be back on the Strictly dancefloor.

Where is Motsi Mabuse on Strictly?

Earlier this week the BBC revealed judge Motsi would not be appearing on Strictly this weekend, as she has been forced to head back to Germany following an incident at her dance school.

The 39-year-old had no choice but to give up her role as judge for the time being, and she took to Instagram to tell fans the reason.

She said had had to travel to Germany urgently, which meant she would be self-isolating for 14 days when she arrived back in the UK, following government guidelines.

She said on Instagram: “I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms. Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up!”

She had previously shared a photo of a shattered glass door, saying she had gone back to Germany to meet with police to discuss a “targeted” incident.

Motsi was photographed wearing a protective face mask on November 10, as she was heading through Heathrow airport.

She said she had been working with police to help solve the incident, and she was now back in the UK following the investigation.

Her husband Evgenij Voznyuk and their two-year-old daughter are based in Germany, as is her dance school.

Fans wished her well on her Instagram account, with one saying: “We will miss you Motsi,” while another said: “Oh no! Hope all is well at home. Stay safe.”

News of Motsi’s isolation came when contestant Nicola Adams was forced to withdraw from the competition, after her partner Katya Jones tested positive for coronavirus.

Jones shared a video montage of herself with her dance partner, thanking her fans for supporting her during her short time on the show.

She said: “Hey guys! I’m absolutely gutted my Strictly journey has ended so soon, I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for! But I just want to say a huge thank you to @Mrs_katjones for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. Team #outsidethebox.”

When will Motsi be back on Strictly?

Motsi is still currently self-isolating and she will spend a full 14 days at home before returning to the Strictly studio.

The official Twitter account for Strictly announced professional dancer Anton would be taking over as judge in the meantime, saying: “We are pleased to announce that the King of Ballroom Anton du Beke is stepping into our judging panel this weekend. Good luck Anton!”

The veteran dancer has plenty of experience and will be able to give a solid critique to the remaining couples this weekend.

Plenty of fans wished him luck, with one saying on Twitter: “Anton should be a permanent judge! He’ll be fair and funny…..with oodles of experience, it should have happened a long time ago. [sic]”

Another fan said: “I’ve always said that Anton would make a great judge or host, I’m actually really surprised that it’s taken so long. Good luck @TheAntonDuBeke I can’t wait for your professional input on the judging panel!”

DON’T MISS…
Jason Bell to return to Strictly Come Dancing after Nicola’s dropped? [INSIGHT]
Strictly 2020 winners poll: Who do you think will win Strictly 2020? [POLL]
Nicola Adams Strictly exit: Will Nicola return after Katya covid test? [INSIGHT]

The BBC will announce in due course when Motsi will be coming back to the ballroom, but as she is only self-isolating as a precaution, she will not be away for long.

This weekend’s show will undoubtedly feel a little different, and fans will be waiting to find out how hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman share the news of Motsi’s brief exit and Nicola and Katya’s withdrawal.

Sadly it is understood that Nicola and Katya will not be rejoining the series once Katya has quarantined, so there is one less contender on the leaderboard.

Motsi had always been a fan of their partnership, saying she had enjoyed seeing the unique chemistry between them, and that Nicola had shown potential.

Fans will definitely miss the judge’s input, with one saying on her Instagram account: “I will miss you you’re my favourite on the judging panel.”

Host Winkleman sent the judge a string of hearts to cheer her up following the bad news.

The stand-in host Anton appeared on Strictly’s It Takes Two programme on Friday, and he promised to be kind to the contestants.

He said: “I can’t tell you how excited I am, I’m so thrilled for so many reasons. I just love the show as everyone knows and to be asked to just fill in for Motsi for the next couple of weeks is just, well, an absolute honour.”

When asked what kind of judge he was going to be, he said: “Well I’ll be as I am, I shall be enthusiastic, I shall be kind. I know everyone is going to be trying their best, but I shall say what I see.

“I had a lovely bit of advice from Len [Goodman], he said be yourself and say what you see, and I’m going to do exactly that.”

The Strictly cast have been keeping to social bubbles throughout the series, which is why they are able to perform together this year, but the rules could always be tightened further.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on weekends on BBC One

Source: Read Full Article