TRAVIS Scott’s spiked seltzer Cacti has been DISCONTINUED.
The news comes one month after the rapper’s Astroworld concert left 10 people dead.
According to TMZ, the alcoholic beverage company Anheuser-Busch has decided to discontinue the beverage.
The company revealed the news of Friday, stating: "After careful evaluation, we have decided to stop all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer.
“We believe brand fans will understand and respect this decision.”
AdAge later reported that the company would not specify if the decision was made due to the Astroworld tragedy.
However, a source close to Travis, 30, told TMZ that the rapper and company had already mutually agreed to end their partnership on November 30.
The source said: "This is not a cancelation or creasing of an ongoing agreement."
Most read in Celebrity
Kim stuns in new Fendi x SKIMS lingerie after Kanye begs for her back on stage
The Monkees singer Michael Nesmith dead at 78 month after farewell performance
Katie Price undergoes 13th boob job 5 days before drink-drive sentencing
Martine McCutcheon wows fans in little black dress as she parties with husband
The rapper’s rep later told TMZ: "Travis was clear in his interview that he is not focused on business right now and his priority is helping his community and fans heal. CACTI asked AB InBev to inform their wholesalers there will not be product at this time."
On Saturday, another insider told the outlet that the Cacti brand isn't technically "discontinued.”
Instead, distribution is on a temporary hold with the hopes of bring the beverage back in the future.
Last month, 10 people died and hundred were injured during his set at the festival.
According to Texas officials, the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9.15pm, sparking panic.
A "mass casualty incident" was declared minutes later at 9:38pm.
It also emerged that Travis played for more than 30 minutes after the mass casualty announcement.
One day after the tragedy, Travis took to social media to apologize.
In a statement uploaded to Twitter, he said: “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night.
“My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.
“Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life. I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need.
“Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department, and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love you all.”
An emotional Travis then took to Instagram, as he said he was "devastated" over what had transpired.
He reiterated that he could "never imagine anything like this happening."
Both Travis and his girlfriend Kylie Jenner, 24, have been keeping low profiles since the tragedy occurred.
The Keeping Up With the Kardashians star- who is expecting her second child with Travis- has reportedly been "hiding out away" in her mansion and has been quiet on social media after the multiple fatality event.
During her social media hiatus, Kylie has been working on a new family home closer to mom Kris and sister Khloe.
The home is being built on a $15million plot of land.
The Sun exclusively reported that Kylie purchased the five acre vacant lot in cash in May 2020.
Source: Read Full Article