Andrew Cuomo to hold first news conference since sexual harassment scandal broke

More On:

andrew cuomo

Democratic state senator calls on Andrew Cuomo to resign

New Yorkers would have to flash COVID-19 passport to enter venues under new program

How low can you Cuo: Gov’s popularity plunges amid multiple scandals

‘How is Cuomo going to f—k us this time?’ Book says Biden camp fumed over DNC speech

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is expected to hold a news conference on Wednesday that will mark his first public appearance since becoming engulfed in a widening sexual harassment scandal, sources familiar with his plans told The Post.

Cuomo is in the state Capitol in Albany preparing for the briefing, the sources said.

The Post also spotted Health Commissioner Howard Zucker, who has joined Cuomo at his briefings since the COVID-19 pandemic struck last year.

Cuomo last took questions from reporters during an audio-only phone conference call on Feb. 22, two days before a series of women — including two former aides — publicly accused him of sexual harassment.

Cuomo’s planned appearance comes amid plunging popularity and growing calls for his resignation from fellow Democrats, including US Rep. Kathleen Rice of Long Island.

On Wednesday, Mayor Bill de Blasio said that “if the governor is to remain in office, he has to govern.”

“He has to answer questions every day and address the issues. There’s so much going on with this pandemic. We have to continue to do this work to protect people’s lives. And, obviously, part of that is responding to the concerns of the public expressed through the media,” he said.

“If you’re not in a position to govern for any reason, if you’re incapacitated, whatever it is — of course, step aside and let someone else do it.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article