I took my daughter for a fun day out but she ended up in floods of tears – I'm furious | The Sun

A MUM has told how her daughter was left "hysterically crying" from painful burns on her legs after going down a 'death slide' in shorts at an indoor play centre.

Delilah Price, nine, went down the steep red slide which features a vertical 'death drop' at Playzone in Llansamlet, Swansea, during a family day out.



But she was left with a burn across her upper thigh which needed medical treatment, and mum Sarah, 38, said she couldn't sit down for days and is now scared of slides.

Playzone's website states visitors should "keep arms, legs and torso covered – no shorts or short skirts".

But Sarah said Delilah, sister Dolcie, eight, and their two cousins all wore shorts and t-shirts to the play centre and staff didn't say anything during the visit last Wednesday.

Sarah, from Cimla, Neath, South Wales, who runs a domestic cleaning business, said: "I'd never heard of a burn off a slide or seen one and we have been using play centres for nine years.

Read More on The Sun

Struggling families to get grants of £750 from British Gas to help with bills

I’m a vet – the reason why dogs bury treats in the garden will break your heart

"The children all had shorts and t-shirts on.

"Nothing was said on entry about their clothing and they were able to go in and play on whatever.

"As soon as Delilah came down the slide, she was hysterically crying, and staff gave her an ice pack.

"By the time she got home, it was really sore, and the next day, it was all weepy.

Most read in News

STREETS OF RAGE

Shocking moment hooded thugs wielding 4ft MACHETES brawl in street

FOR OLIVIA'S SAKE, TALK!

Career criminal target of Olivia's killer is REFUSING to help cops

FIELD OF STREAMS

Reading festival-goers don wellies as thunderstorms & lightning lash UK

of-fence

Ex-Spurs boss' 'berserk' daughter wins retrial after 'hurling bricks' at neighbour

"For days afterwards, she could hardly walk and couldn't sit.

"Everything was sticking to it. She was in so much pain.

"Doctors at the hospital have cleaned it and dressed it multiple times and thought she might need antibiotics but they're happy now that it is starting to heal.

"I really think there should be stricter rules like there are at other places requiring correct socks or footwear.

"I rang Playzone to warn them but they weren't interested.

"They said I'd have a phone call back but I've not heard anything.

"I said I'd email the photos of the burn but they said they don't want to see them.

"We won't go back. Delilah is too scared to use a slide now but I'm hoping she will overcome it.

"It's been a hard week with her not being able to do much. The first few days she couldn't even sit, and she wanted to sleep with me, which isn't like her.

"I'm upset and angry, and I think things should be in place to stop it happening again."

A spokesperson for Playzone Swansea said: "We care a great deal about our customers safety, however we cannot be responsible for how parents or guardians choose to dress their children.

"Children remain the responsibility of the adults attending the site with them.

Read More on The Sun

Struggling families to get grants of £750 from British Gas to help with bills

I’m a vet – the reason why dogs bury treats in the garden will break your heart

"At reception, and throughout the building there are huge safety signs advising that arms and legs should be covered and that shorts should not be worn.

"We had our annual RoSPA inspection at this site yesterday and the inspector was happy with our management and equipment procedures."

    Source: Read Full Article