MADELEINE McCann trolls will need to "take a hard look at themselves" if cops prove the German suspect in her disappearance is guilty.
The family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, today blasted trolls who have abused her parents on social media in the years since she vanished.
He told Good Morning Britain: "Anybody who believes that Kate and Gerry were involved are categorically wrong.
"And sadly if this proves to be the man responsible and we find out the fate of Madeleine in time, then a lot of people on social media will have to take a long hard look at themselves and what they've said over the years."
Trolls have attacked the family constantly since the three-year-old disappeared, with the latest cruel jibe being a mockup of the NHS coronavirus slogan "stay at home and save lives" with a picture of Madeleine.
It was revealed yesterday there is a new prime suspect in the 13-year investigation – a German paedophile.
The 43-year-old prisoner has not been named by British cops but was living in a campervan in Praia da Luz in Portugal around the time the youngster vanished on May 3, 2007.
He is currently serving a seven-year jail term for raping a 72-year-old American in 2005 in the same tourist area, according to a report by Braunschweig Zeitung.
He was convicted in Braunschweig district court last year for the offence in Praia da Luz, according to the newspaper.
German cops believe the prolific burglar, who has previous convictions for sex crimes against young girls, may have initially gone to raid the McCanns' apartment before he "moved on to a sexual motive".
Source: Read Full Article