Meghan Markle reportedly wore earrings given to her by Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – who was accused of approving the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The Duchess of Sussex was spotted wearing sparkling tear-drop shaped diamond earrings on October 23, 2018, while on a state visit to Fiji.
Journalists at the time had been told she had "borrowed" the earrings, but a Kensington Palace source told The Times the piece of jewellery was allegedly a wedding gift from the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.
It is reported the Duchess was not aware of Salman's alleged involvement in the killing.
At the time the Prince had been accused of the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post and editor-in-chief of Al-Arab News Channel.
News of Khashoggi's disappearance from the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul emerged on October 2, 2018, and in the weeks following it emerged he had been beaten, tortured, killed and dismembered.
By the time Meghan stepped out in the earrings 21 days later, the Saudi ruler and royal was already accused of the brutal killing.
On the same day, Meghan was pictured in a blue cape and the diamond sparklers, Reuters reported the Crown Prince’s top aid Saud al-Qahtani, had "run" the Washington Post contributor’s killing "by giving orders over Skype".
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
On Friday, February 26, 2021, the President of the United States, Joe Biden, authorised the release of a CIA document that said Bin Salman had approved the murder of Khashoggi.
The Duchess has been approached for comment.
This report comes hours after The Times reported Jason Knauf, then the Sussexes' communications secretary, made a bullying complaint against Meghan in October 2018.
Meghan Markle demands £1.5m in costs and all copies of dad's letter after privacy win
She has vehemently denied any accusation of bullying staff at Kensington Palace and said the report was nothing more than a "calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation."
The complaint claimed Meghan had allegedly driven two personal assistants out of the household.
It is further claimed she was undermining the confidence of a third staff member, The Times reports, allegations Meghan's representatives have denied.
Responding to allegations of bullying, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: "In response to the allegations published by the Times, Meghan's spokesperson said: "The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.
"She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."
They added: "Let's just call this what it is – a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation. We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet. It's no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining The Duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and The Duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years."
Daily Star has approached Kensington Palace for a response.
Source: Read Full Article