Murderer who brutally stabbed parents 280 times found hiding at Premier Inn

Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

We have more newsletters

The devastated family of an "inseparable" couple who were knifed to death by their son say they may never get to know the truth of what happened.

Lee Tipping, 36, was found guilty by a jury last month of the murders of his parents, teenage sweethearts Tricia Livesey and Anthony Tipping, at the home all three shared.

Tipping was charged with both murders after initially being detained by police under the Mental Health Act and jailed for life today.

READ MORE: Soldier, 26, tragically killed in crash involving tank during training exercise

He was ordered to serve a minimum of 27 years before he is eligible for parole.

Tipping stabbed his dad at least 131 times before turning the knife on his frail mum and inflicting at least 153 stab and slash wounds to her six-stone body, a court heard.

  • Paedo rapist dictated what clothes teen could wear and beat her with hoover

He then fled to Manchester Airport in an attempt to leave the country but panicked when he saw armed police and later tried to check into a Premier Inn in Manchester city centre, where he was later arrested, reports Lancs Live.

Tricia, 57, and Anthony, 60 – who first met as teenagers – were found dead inside their home in the Lancashire village of Higher Walton, near Preston, in November last year.

A post-mortem examination showed they both died from multiple stab wounds.

In a moving statement issued by police after today's sentencing hearing at Preston Crown Court, the couple's family hit out at "lies" Tipping told in court about his parents.

He made claims-that were rejected by the sentencing judge who said they provided nothing but the best of care for him after he had spent periods as an inpatient at a mental health unit.

Mr Justice Goose referenced "savage and extreme" violence following an argument over a broken door.

In the statement, the couple's family said dad Anthony "loved his son and put him on a pedestal all his life".

To his mum, Tricia, Tipping was "her baby, her world", they added, saying she "put up with behaviour from Lee that no other mother would do".

The statement continued: "Tricia and Anthony should have been able to retire and be happy, enjoy their house, their family and friends, they should have been able to enjoy their lives together.

"But due to the actions of Lee, they are not here, their happy retirement has been taken from them.

"The loss of Tricia and Anthony has left a gaping hole in our hearts."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Police were called at .:40pm on November 20 last year to a concern for the safety of the occupants of the property in Cann Bridge Street, Higher Walton. Officers forced entry and sadly found the bodies.

Detective Chief Inspector Jill Johnston, of the Force Major Investigation Team, said: "I welcome the life sentence handed down to Lee Tipping by the courts, which reflects the seriousness of his offending and was aggravated by his lack of remorse.

"Although no sentence can and will never make up for the horrific, sustained and violent attack Lee subjected his parents to, I hope that Tricia and Anthony’s families and friends get some sense of closure knowing that this case has now come to a conclusion.

"They have remained incredibly dignified throughout this investigation and my thoughts remain with them at this very difficult time."


  • Topless thief returns woman's plant he nicked when he was 'f***ing steaming'

  • One of PC Andrew Harper's killers 'spends his nights boozing in prison'

  • Surgery fanatic balances drinks on her 38J boobs as she vows to go sober

  • Bloke broke into Buckingham Palace to wake up the Queen and down Charles' booze

  • UK's 'cheapest pint' flogged by Wetherspoons pub for just £1.49 as TripAdvisor goes wild

  • Crime
  • Murder
  • Courts

Source: Read Full Article