A royal expert has spoken out after rumours escalated that Harry and Meghan's Netflix show would be postponed to next year.
The couple's hotly-anticipated tell-all docuseries was set to premiere in December of this year until a Deadline report released earlier this week speculated the show was being pushed back until 2023 thanks to backlash over the upcoming season of hit show "The Crown."
Royal expert Kinsey Schofield thinks Netflix could be worried the upcoming series might look like an attack on the Firm.
READ MORE: Meghan Markle had 'time to craft the perfect tribute to Queen' but it 'was hollow'
"The entire idea of Netflix postponing Harry and Meghan's project due to backlash from The Crown has to make you wonder if Netflix fears that their content will look like a pile-on or an attack of the British royal family," Schofield told the Daily Star.
"If Harry and Meghan's documentary was this 'historic love story' that Meghan is trying to bill it as, there's no way it would be considered an issue."
Schofield added that Harry and Meghan have damaged their reputation, adding fuel to the fire that may have caused the series to be postponed.
'Constantly-complaining' Meghan Markle told 'get a grip' over bombshell Spotify podcast
"The Sussexes are household names," she said.
"They will always be celebrities. However, I do think that Hollywood has labeled them problematic. Dramatic. And entitled.
"You don't want to get a reputation for being difficult in the business and with leaks of last-minute changes and delays, they're not on the right path."
Earlier this month the couple reportedly ran into trouble with Netflix after they voiced concerns over certain scenes.
An industry source told Page Six: "Harry and Meghan are panicked about trying to tone down even the most basic language. But it’s their story, from their own mouths.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Similarly a source said: "They’re rattled at Netflix and they blinked first and decided to postpone the documentary."
On Monday (October 17), however, the news outlet denied the rumours that the Netflix show was being pushed back after a new source said that the December release date was still on the cards.
An industry insider told the publication, “As far as I am aware, the docuseries is still going ahead later this year."
Meghan Markle unveils surprising 'ideal project' her and Harry would 'love' to work on
Meghan Markle reveals Harry's six touching words about the death of Queen Elizabeth
Meghan goes public with details of Sussexes' Netflix 'docu-series' for first time
Meghan Markle says her and Prince Harry feel 'energised and excited' after Queen's death
Source: Read Full Article